Parent/Swimmer Code of Conduct
As a member of the New Jersey Stingrays Swim Team...
- I agree to conduct myself in a respectful and responsible manner.
- I am aware that the character of the New Jersey Stingrays is affected by and dependent upon my conduct and behavior.
In order to create a safe, healthy and productive learning environment for participants while fostering team unity and spirit...
- I will obey all rules, policies, and procedures disclosed by the coaching staff.
- I will compete and participate in all of my events to the best of my ability.
- I will be a model of sportsmanship and respect for teammates, coaches, and opponents at all times.
- I will not in any way endanger the safety of another participant.
I acknowledge that the following actions are not acceptable and will not be permitted...
- Disrupting practices, failing to abide by coaches’ regulations, or disrespecting teammates, coaches, or the pool facilities.
- Inappropriate or unsupervised activities between group members.
- Destruction or damage to the any host facility or any facility we visit
- Destruction or damage to another team member’s property
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or tobacco products.
At travel meets...
- I will follow the schedule of activities as assigned by the coaches
- I will be punctual at all team meetings and warm-up times.
- I will socialize with Stingrays teammates or other competitors only in the common areas of the hotel/facility or areas designated for that purpose by the Stingrays coaching staff.
I understand that failure to abide by the New Jersey Stingrays Code of Conduct may result in immediate disciplinary action including but not limited to...
- Suspension from an event
- Suspension from a meet
- Suspension from the team
- Dismissal from the New Jersey Stingrays. (If dismissal occurs while on a travel trip, the cost of the immediate return trip will be at the participant’s/parent’s expense)
- Any combination of the above
I understand that it is an honor and privilege to represent the New Jersey Stingrays, and I agree to conduct myself appropriately and honorably at all times at practices, meets, and all other team functions.