Streamline Aquatics offers lessons to swimmers age 5 (MUST be completely potty trained) to 13. Levels below show the progression of skills taught and are a guide for parents. For our younger or more inexperienced swimmers, there are 3-4 swimmers per instructor. As swimmers become proficient and independent in the water, the groups become larger, 5-6 swimmers per instructor. Water safety conversations with swimmers are ongoing at all levels.
For the beginner who is comfortable in the water.
• Swimmers learn basics of swimming: blowing bubbles, bobbing, going underwater, supported front and back floating, supported rolling over from front to back and back to front, supported gliding, supported flutter kick, supported front crawl arms, and jumping in.
Swimmers should already be able to float on front and back and put their head underwater.
• Swimmers will work on: independent front and back floating, independent rolling over from front to back and back to front, independent front and back glides, front crawl arms and kicks, back crawl arms and kicks, retrieving underwater objects, and jumping into water over their head.
Swimmers should already be comfortable swimming front-stroke and swimming on their back.
• Swimmers will work on: gliding, freestyle with side breathing, backstroke, breaststroke, and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, treading water, jumping into deep water, and compact dives.
Swimmers should already be able to: swim front and back crawl 25 yards.
• Swimmers will work on: rotary breathing, freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, intro to turning at the wall, treading water with modified scissors, and diving in kneeling position.
Swimmers should already be able to: swim freestyle, breaststroke, and backstroke 25 yards, tread water, and dive off the side of the pool.
• Swimmers will work on: alternate breathing, stride jump, refinement of: freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, dolphin kick and butterfly, open turn on front and back, and treading water.
Swimmers should already be able to: swim front and back crawl 50 yds, elementary backstroke 25 yards, breaststroke 25 yards, butterfly 25 yards, sidestroke 25 yards, tread water for 3 minutes, and dive.
• Swimmers will work on: All six strokes, front and back crawl flip turn, breaststroke turn, breaststroke speed turn and pullout, butterfly turn, sidestroke turn, tread water for five minutes, and basic water rescue.
All swimmers must wear masks from their car into the pool until they get into the water. Social distancing is required at all times.
All swim instructors will wear face shields during lessons.
Swimmers will bring a ziplock bag to the pool's edge and put their mask into the bag once they are at the water. When they finish their lesson, they put their mask back when they get out of the water. They will continue to wear their mask until they return to their car. Many swimmers bring an extra dry mask should their mask get uncomfortably wet. Like all equipment, the ziplock bag must be labeled with the swimmer's name.
After getting out of the pool, swimmers will dry off and put on their clothes over their bathing suit.
NO parents are permitted in the pool due to capacity limitations. No exceptions.
Swimmers will only have access to a bathroom in an emergency, and shoes are required. No showers or locker rooms available.
Regular lessons are usually 45 minutes, however during Covid, we feel swimmers & instructors need extra time for social distancing.
If we are required to shut down by the government, we will refund our lesson families. If a child gets covid or quarantined due to exposure, we do not refund.
There are no makeup classes, no prorating, and no refunds.