This group is for swimmers in our middle ability group. Swimmers should have previous experience swimming for a team, including meets. This group represents the point in our program where swimmers can be exposed to national level swimming. Practices are offered every weekday afternoon as well as Saturday mornings.
This group's goal is to give the swimmers the skills and endurance to succeed in a greater amount of competition. The focus of practices is on technique and swimming efficiently. Aerobic and speed work are built around these ideas so that the body is able to sustain efficiency and proper technique at race pace.
- 4 – 5:30 pm offered 5 days a week
- Saturdays, TBA
- No attendance requirement, but 3-5 practices per week recommended
Equipment (Coach will provide more specific information)
- Water bottle for each practice
- Appropriate practice suit (no two-pieces or board shorts)
- Fins (soft rubber)
- Cap for anyone with long hair
- Gear for dry-land activities
Minimum requirements to enter group
- Understand how to read a pace clock
- Consistently performs flip turns
- Swim 200 IM legally
- Coaches discretion