Swimming will be done on 5/24/19 at CFB!
O2 PERFORMANCE AQUATICS 2019 Swim-A-Thon
Swim-A-Thon is a fundraiser in which participants earn money for our swim team by swimming a maximum of 200 lengths of the pool in two hours time. Participants get pledges from businesses, family, neighbors, etc. prior to swimming. Some choose to get pledges and money prior to swimming while others get pledges per length and collect the money following the Swim-A-Thon. With over 500 Swim-A-Thons conducted each year nationwide, this program has proven itself over and over again as a successful method of raising funds for a team. This year we are continuing with our online campaign. You may login, go to your TUMoney page and set up your account. Add pictures, promote the Swim-a-thon through email, facebook, and twitter! Donations may be made by check OR by credit card on the SWIM-A-THON PAGE. USA Swimming and Team Unify have paired up on Swim-a-thon so we can track our success online!
The exciting benefits of this program are, the Swim-A-Thon is not only an excellent fundraiser but also an opportunity for our team to combine swimming along with a social event. Additionally, our Swim-A-Thon can boost our team spirit and increase community awareness of our team.
Above are several sample letters for the previous Swim-A-Thons. Letter writing fundraising campaigns are sometimes more successful because people like receiving personalized mail and you are more likely to catch the sponsor in their right moment of having extra discretionary spending money available. Likewise, you can see people face to face if you are more comfortable with that approach.
The traditional USA Swimming Swim-A-Thon Packet is available above. Pledge forms and receipts are available if you need them.
Please help your swimmer and/or swimmers set up their page online (see above with "how to" instructions), and promote, promote, promote!! Find names & addresses of people and businesses for their contact! Start with mailing addresses of family members, friends, and neighbors. Another good source of donations are people you do business with such as your family doctor, dentist, insurance agent, tax accountant, real estate agent, or lawyer, etc.
95% of the Swim-A-Thon money stays with the O2 PERFORMANCE AQUATICS swimmers!!! The other 5% goes to USA Swimming to help support national initiatives.
The donations raised from the Swim-A-Thon are tax-deductible contributions as O2 PERFORMANCE AQUATICS is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Please remember: If you swimmer can’t make that time on the day of the
Swim-A-Thon, talk to their coach to arrange a make-up swim on a training day.
ALL MONEY DUE - JUNE 6, 2019