Vision & Mission
To inspire and build character through the pursuit of excellence in competitive swimming from the novice to the senior elite athletes entering college with the most advanced training and technique in a safe and healthy environment
O2 Mission Statement
To provide a fun, motivating and innovative program assisting swimmers of all ages and abilities, by means of honest training and preparation, to achieve swimming performance beyond the boundaries of their innate physical and mental talents while developing life skills
O2 Performance Aquatics is a competitive swimming team offering year-round instruction and competition. The main mission of the team is to conduct training in the sport of swimming and to create an atmosphere in which each athlete may reach his/her highest potential. The training programs are designed by professional coaches interested in helping develop successful people as well as successful swimmers. The O2 Masters is a competitive masters swim team offering year-round instruction and competition. The mission is to provide a variety of training regimens to meet the needs of the fitness swimmer to the national competitor. O2 Performance Aquatics and O2 Masters compete in local, regional, and national competition and are sanctioned by USA Swimming Inc. and by US Masters Swimming.
Purpose of O2 Performance Aquatics
O2 Performance Aquatics is a competitive swimming team offering year-round instruction and competition. The main purpose of the team is to conduct training of swimmers and to create an atmosphere in which each athlete may reach his/her potential and achieve the highest level possible in the sport. The training program is designed by professional coaches interested in helping develop successful people as well as successful swimmers.
Philosophy of O2 Performance Aquatics
While winning can be important, the striving, planning and learning that leads to the overall competitive experience is of greater importance. Championships, trophies, medals, and records do not begin to compare with the valuable lessons and personal growth that will take place as a result of participation by both swimmers and their parents. These lessons can be applied to situations that occur throughout life.
Throughout the program the swimmers are taught, with varying emphasis, the importance of striving to instill a positive self-image, goal-setting skills, basic time-management skills, determination, commitment, dedication, and team support. We like our young athletes to learn and mature at their own rate in a positive environment. The long-term interest of each swimmer is kept in mind at all times.
Membership in O2 Performance Aquatics is open to all swimmers and families regardless of race, religion or nationality. You do not have to be a resident of the City of Irving. As a member of O2, you will also become a member of USA Swimming. Youth team membership consists of 6 to 18 year olds and swim under the governing body of USA Swimming. O2 Masters consists of adults age 19 and over and are members of O2 Masters and US Masters Swimming (USMS).
Goals and Objective
- The primary goal is to provide individuals with the opportunity to develop a positive self-image through appropriate training and competition at all age and ability levels. Employment of qualified coaching professionals helps maintain these objectives.
- The overall goal for each swimmer is to learn and improve the swimming and competition skills, continually improve those skills (as evidenced by improved times at each entered meet), and increase physical and mental fitness.
- The overall goal for the swimming team is to compete in complete seasons and have lots of fun as swimmers.
- Create a positive training environment that promotes high self-esteem, the values of hard work, goal setting, perseverance, self-discipline and dedication.
- Provide opportunities to learn good health habits that last a lifetime.
- Contribute to the goals of USA Swimming in its efforts to build a broader base of experienced athletes and to develop those who aspire to Olympic events.
- Participate in the leadership, direction and administration of USA Swimming on the local, regional, and national level. Coaches and parents fulfill these goals by serving in the administration of North Texas Swimming, Texas Senior Circuit, and USA Swimming national committees.
History of Irving Swimmers (now O2 Performance Aquatics)
O2 was formed in early 1991 as Irving Swimmers. The club is operated under the corporate name of O2 Performance Aquatics is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation in the State of Texas, governed by the O2 Board of Directors