Registration for AMFY Swim team is done via our team website
From the homepage, click on "Online Registration"
REGISTRATION FOR STROKE CLINICS CAN BE DONE VIA THE EVENTS TAB.
While you will register for the AMFY Swim team here on our website, you should call or visit the front desk of either branch (North/Celina or South/Minster) to inquire about memberships.
YMCA MEMBERSHIP RATES
Fall/Winter 2019 Registration Info
REGISTRATION IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!!!!
Families returning to AMFY this year will have first opportunity to sign up for the team beginning on August 16. Starting August 28 registration will open to all and will end once groups are full. Due to safety concerns around lane space, along with keeping swimmer-to-coach ratios manageable, we limit the number of swimmers signed up for each practice group. We have set these limits at about the same level as our practice groups have been in the past. We are NOT shrinking the team, just making sure we don’t grow beyond our means. It’s entirely possible that we don’t have as many swimmers on the team as our limits, and all swimmers, past and present, very well may join the team. But we need to be safe, and we need to help the coaches do the best job they can.
To complete online registration, please visit the Online Registration tab on the home page.
YOU WILL REGISTER FOR SWIM TEAM VIA OUR TEAM WEBSITE THIS SEASON. You will only use the YMCA front desk to update your membership. You do not necessarily have to have your YMCA membership current when you register for swim team in August, but you MUST have your YMCA membership current when practices start in September. Please do not wait until the last-minute to update your YMCA membership. The front desk has every right to deny swimmers entry to practice if their membership is not active.
YMCA MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR SWIM TEAM. Membership prices are not included in team fees.
SPRING CONDITIONING (April 29-May 30)
We will once again have a spring conditioning program that is separate from our Long Course season. This is so swimmers who wish to get a month of training in with AMFY before their summer seasons begin have an opportunity to work with their same AMFY coaches.
REGISTER FOR SPRING CONDITIONING AT THE FRONT DESK OF EITHER BRANCH YMCA.
YMCA members may begin registration for Spring Conditioning on April 14.
Non-members may begin registration for Spring Conditioning on April 21.
REGISTRATION IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!
LONG COURSE SEASON
To sign up for the long course season, you must complete the registration via the AMFY website, AND you must join/renew your membership with the Auglaize-Mercer Family YMCA. Swim team dues will be paid via this site, and your membership fees to the Y must be paid through the front desk of either branch.
- Your credit card will be charged for team dues upon completion of registration. If anyone needs to discuss a payment plan, please contact Coach Matt.
- Those who completed a season with AMFY within the past year (Winter 2018-2019 or Summer 2018) will have first priority for registration.
- Registration opens for returning members on 4/30/19
- On 5/6/19, registration opens to all (including new swimmers)
- Please contact Coach Matt ([email protected]) if you are unable to register due to groups being full. You will be placed on a wait-list. DO NOT SIGN YOUR SWIMMER UP FOR A DIFFERENT GROUP.
- Anyone new to the team OR past AMFY swimmers who have not swam with us since April 2018 must contact Coach Matt ([email protected]) to discuss group placement and/or schedule an in-water evaluation.
- REGISTRATION IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!!!!!! SIGN UP EARLY!
All swimmers who wish to participate on swim team must be full members of the Auglize Mercer YMCA. Please visit the front desk of either branch to sign up for membership.