AMFY WORK REQUIREMENTS - 2021-2022 Swim Season
It takes many, many people to work a swim meet! EVERY family is expected to do their fair share. We are a swim family.
All families must work 6 shifts: This includes a minimum of 1 shift during the Great White Invitational and 1 shift during the championship season the swimmer qualifies for.
High school swim families must work 3 shifts: This includes a minimum of 1 shift during the Great White Invitational and 1 shift during the championship season the swimmer qualifies for.
[**Note: A shift is typically 3-4 hours in length and may involve a variety of jobs/responsibilities including (but not limited to) timing, officiating, set-up/clean-up, 8 & under helper, etc. See descriptions at the end.]
Parents may be asked to work more shifts during the season based on need.
JOB SIGN-UPs WILL BE UNDER THE EVENTS TAB.
DISCLAIMER - Parents who do not fulfill their work obligation will be ‘auto-assigned’ to jobs as needed. It is the responsibility of the parents to work the ‘auto-assigned’ shift (or find a replacement). Parents not meeting the work obligation requirement will be assessed an additional $50 fee for each shift not worked, up to $250.
Funding helps our team get the materials it needs to improve our swimmers. Why?
- To financially support our swimmers and coaches at Championships meets including As, AAs, Zones, and Nationals.
- To continually upgrade our pool equipment including lane lines and starting blocks, timing equipment, and computer software and hardware, etc.
- To allow tokens of celebration for our swimmers with time drops and more.
There are three options for fulfilling the fundraiser:
1. Clean-up at Eldora Speedway: Mother's Day or Labor Day
- We will pick up trash in the Grand Stand and turn seating. Trash bags and gloves are provided.
2. Sell Fisher's Meat Sticks: Starts in October until boxes are sold
-100 sticks per case - regular and jalapeno flavor
-Cost of case will be charged to the swimmer's account
-More boxes may be sold after the original quota is sold
3. Pay to Play: Before the first meet
-$50 will be charged to your account