Beginning the Fall 2019 season, we are asking that all parents complete USA swimmings Safe Sport Course. It is free of cost and will allow you as the parent to be more aware of all the new rules and regulations. Being more informed allows all of us to work better together.
Here are the steps on how to complete the training:
- Go to https://learn.usaswimming.org/registration
- Create a Non-Member Account
- Sign yourself up by filling in all the required information
- Once you have all the required information, it will take you to the main page. It should say you have not started any courses. MAKE SURE YOU USE OHIO AS THE LSC AND BLUE ASH YMCA AS THE TEAM.
- Click on the blue "COURSES" button
- Scroll down and select "SAFE SPORT FOR SWIM PARENTS."
- This is a free course. You will still have to type in your billing address, but no payment information is collected.
- Click on "DASHBOARD" to take you back to your main page. From this page you will be able to start the course.
- You are free to take the course over multiple sittings. The website should save your progress.
Here are some ways that you can help maintain a Safe Sport environment:
- Communicate with your child, your child’s coaches, and other parents.
- Observe practices and help out at meets and team events.
- Know the standards of conduct for all coaches, volunteers, and athletes, and speak up if the standards are not being upheld.