Starting the Fall 2019 season, it is suggested that all swimmers ages 12 and up complete the Safe Sport training. If you are 18 or older, you will be banned from competing until you complete this training. This will allow all athletes to know more about the program and know how to respond if something occurs.
Here are the steps to complete this program:
- Go to https://www.usaswimming.org/learn
- Sign in by using your first name, last name, and date of birth. Signing in with this information automatically connects you to your USA Swimming account and will allow all of your trainings to be tracked.
- Click "Continue"
- Once you hit continue, you will be taken to your main page.
- Scroll down until you see the "Athlete Protection Training" section.
- If you are under 18 you will need to check the box that says you have parental consent to take the course.
- Hit "Start"
- If you have not made a USA Swimming Account, you will need to do so by entering your email, your LSC (Ohio Swimming) and your club (Blue Ash YMCA).
- After creating an account, go back to the "Athlete Protection Training" section and hit "Start."
- After hitting start, it will say you do not have any courses. Hit the "Courses" button.
- Scroll down to "Safe Sport for Athletes" and hit "Add to Cart." This is a free course so it will not cost your parents anything.
- Enter in all of your information. Again, this is a FREE course. You will not need to pay for anything.
- After you enter in all your information, you are able to begin the course. You are able to take the course over multiple days and the website should save your progress.
- After you take the course, take a screenshot or picture of your certificate.