CONTACT: Kari Fisher; Board Member, Mandatory Supplemental Fee Fundraising
WHY FUNDRAISING: Allows families to reduce the amount of money paid out of pocket for Supplemental Fees. Supplemental Fees go towards the use of the Countryside YMCA pool and its maintenance. We pay the YMCA at the end of December. That is why supplementals are due at the beginning of the month.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE AMOUNT: The Supplemental Fee amount is based on the number of swimmers per family. This fee could potentially change every year.
- One Swimmer $195*
- Two Swimmers $390*
- Three or More Swimmers $510*
* The Supplemental Fee may be significantly reduced for 2018 from fundraising dollars earned through the summer Swim-a-thon, the Kroger Community Rewards Program, the Swimmer Photo Flashdrive Program and General Team Fundraising Programs.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE DEADLINE: December 15, 2017. The 2018 fundraising period is December 16, 2017 – December 15, 2018. The 2018 Fundraising period will began December 16, 2017.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE PAYMENT PROCEDURE: Please make checks payable to the Countryside YMCA Torpedoes Swim Team and place in the Box located by the swim office. All payments must be placed in the Box by closing on December 15 th or there will be a charge to your Team Unify meet/dues account on January 1, 2017 with an additional 5% charge for Credit card usage.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE STATEMENTS: Individual Family Supplemental Fundraising Account Statements are found in Team Unify under "MyAccount", then "MyInvoice/Payments", and select the "Fundraising Tab". It is your responsibility to ensure that you are reviewing all information for accuracy. If you have any changes or questions related to your statement you must contact the Fundraising Director in a timely manner.
If your email changes or credit card changes, you are required to log into your account on Team Unify and make the change there.
TYPES OF FUNDRAISING: There are two types of ways to earn dollars for Supplemental Fees. The first is traditional fundraising for a non-profit organization. All the money that is fundraised will go directly to the team account (per IRS requirements). The second type is a rebate program, which allows us to direct the funds earned to individual accounts.
1. Kroger Community Rewards Program
2. Swimmer Photo Flash Drives:
- SignUp for purchase is for a limited time only at the beginning of short course season.
- 8MB CY Torpedo logo flash drives contain at least 10 individual swimmer photos taken at meets and at least 10 group photos for $20.Typically there are over 50 photos on a drive.
- Contact Head of Photography Committee, Deborah Kaleta at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. LaRosas Buddy Cards:
- Available anytime from the Director of Fundraising for purchase for $10.
4. Swim-a-thon: Held in June every other year
5. Other Fundraising: (e.g., Decals and LaRosa’s Buddy Cards, Yard Signs)
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE OBLIGATION: The Supplemental Fee obligation is incurred if you are active on the team roster two weeks after practices start for the Winter (Short Course) Season. The Head Coach and Fundraising Director must notified for this obligation to be waived.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE WITHDRAWAL: Official notification of withdrawal is required regardless of tenure on the team or attendance habits otherwise the Supplemental Fee will be owed and enforced through the YMCA. Specifically, if you just stop coming to practices without telling your coach, the Head Coach, and the Fundraising Coordinator you will be charged.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE TRANSFER: If your Supplemental Fee account is over funded at the end of the Supplemental Fee Period your excess balance will automatically be transferred to your meet/dues account. You are able to perform the transfers listed below as well as long as, all Countryside YMCA financial obligations are current.
- National Team Account
- Donation to General Team Account
Transfer request will then need to be submitted in writing to the Fundraiser Coordinator by December 15th. If timely notification is not received the excess Supplemental funds revert to the team’s general fund as a donation.