The Anderson Barracudas Masters practices are held at the M.E. Lyons “Dome” competition pool. This nationally registered program welcomes Adult swimmers of all abilities who are age 18 and over. Any Adult swimmer who wants to improve overall fitness, develop better technique, train for a triathlon, swim competitively, or is attracted to the water for any reason is a perfect fit for the Anderson Barracudas Masters. The program as of December 2017 has 42 members! The average age of our swimmers is 50 years young, and we have an equal number of men and women on the team. This program is registered club and part of the United States Masters swimming organization. USMS is a national organization that provides organized workouts, clinics, and area competitions. The organization’s main purpose is to promote health, wellness, fitness and competition for Adults through swimming. For more information on the USMS, visit www.usms.org. Anyone can become a Masters swimmer. This program will include individuals with a broad range of abilities, from fitness and lap swimmers to tri-athletes and competitively-minded swimmers. Competitions are completely optional and are split into age groups in five-year increments (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc.).
As an Anderson Barracudas Masters participant, you will have access to a USA & USMS Swimming certified coaches during designated practice times. The coach can assess and help you fix your technique or set up a personal training schedule to help attain your goals.
- Structured workouts and well-planned training programs with a USA Swimming certified coaches.
- Only Masters program with Certified Level 1 USA Triathlon Coach
- Workouts are designed to help swimmers improve technique, endurance and aerobic conditioning.
- Training can be structured for specific goals such as weight loss, improved fitness, triathlons and other competitions.
- Secondary insurance coverage while participating in all USMS events.
- A subscription to USMS Swimming magazine.
- Camaraderie and opportunities for social activities, fun and lifelong friendships.