Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
The Swim Team Parent Advisory Committee is commissioned by the Board of Directors of the Lima Family YMCA to assist the YMCA and head swim team coach in matters pertaining to the smooth running of a competitive swimming program within the framework of the association's values, purpose, policies and objectives. The Swim Team Parent Advisory Committee, nor any committee of the YMCA, has the authority to direct staff or set policy.
We need energetic and committed volunteers for this committee!
Major responsibilities include:
- To fully support the YMCA mission & goals and adhere to all policies and procedures established by the YMCA.
- To assist in maintaining a cooperative swim team program.
- To meet monthly with the head swim coach, including written minutes of all meetings.
- To raise funds to supplement income of the swim team.
- To provide, train, and help certify YMCA officials for hosted swim meets.
- To recommend ways to increase family activity in the club’s programs.
- To help recommend ways to incorporate values education in the club’s programs.
- To organize team social functions, awards banquets, etc.
If you are interested in joining the committee or attending the committee's next meeting, please email Jeff Bowlus.
The Parent Advisory Committee meets once a month during the swim season.
JOIN US and GET INVOLVED!