NAAC 2017-18 Season & Championship Highlights
All Age Groups
- About twice the average club size both Nationally and in our LSC at 230 +/-
- Average gender split is 60% girls and 40% boys +/-
- Average AG split for Team total is 56% 12 and under, 44% 13 and over
- Average retention rate of 75%, now trending at or above National and LSC club rates
- Average rate of improvement across strokes 5-6.5% which is at or above National and LSC club trends
- Breakdown of NAAC swimmers at given time standards (AA, A, B, etc) are comparable to National and LSC Club averages
12 and under
- Total numbers are slightly up at 131, with 3 year average at 127 and last year at 126
- Average retention rate is 66%, highest in last 5 years, and second year in a row above National and LSC club rates and trends
- Average rate of improvement across strokes is 9.5-10%, at or above National and LSC club averages
- Majority of swimmers are at BB, B or slower than B National Averages (65% +/-)
13 and over
- Average retention rate is 88%, about our Team average for the past 5 years, which is above National and LSC club rates and trends for the past 3 years, and 4 of the 5 past years
- Average rate of improvement across strokes is 3-4%, at or above National and LSC club averages
- Majority of swimmers are at AAA, AA, A or BB National Averages (70% +/-)
- Time Standard achievement trends are highest on record for NAAC
- 25 New Team SCY Records! 22 Individual and 3 relay
- 139 Total IMX and IMReady scoring swimmers with 63% of the team completing
- 32 IMX scores at 14% of the team
- 107 IMReady scores at 49% of the team
- All IMX & IMR % above are well beyond National and LSC avergages
2017-18 SCY Championship Highlights
2017 Senior SCY Championship (Nov 2017)
- 4th overall Team Place
- 29 Top 10 finishes
2018 State HS Championship (Feb 2018)
- 15 total swimmers representing NAAC
- 1 new Team Record – Andrew Bernsdorf 500 Fr
- 3 top 8 individual swimmers
- 9 top 8 relay swimmers
- All 15 NAAC State HS meet qualifiers earned All-Ohio honors with at least one Top 16 finish
2018 Barbara Kay Mini Meet 8 and Under Champs (Mar 2018)
- 3rd Overall Team Finish
- 58 total NAAC Top 10 Finishes!
- 2 new Team Records form our 8 and under boys 200 free & 200 MR’s of
Max White, Jaden Gao, Garrett Parsons & Mason Jones
2018 NCSA Spring Jr. Nationals (Mar 2018)
- 6 girls – Sarah Martin, Isabel Jenny, McKayla Moffat, Lexi Elkovitch, Kelly Shur, and Kaila Aaron
- 5 boys – Andrew Bernsdorf, Nate Stadler, Mitchell List, Mike DeAscentis and Gage Ford
11 qualifiers, with 8 individuals qualifying with 36 splashes and all 10 relays qualified to equal 46 splashes. Top 40 and qualifying for finals were both Andrew Bernsdorf (500 Fr, 400IM, 200IM) and Nate Stadler (200 back). Team records by Andrew B in 100IM, 200IM, 400IM & 200 Free and by Nate S in 200 back.
2018 Ohio JO SCY Championship (Mar 2018)
NAAC had a solid showing at the Ohio JO Championship Meet this year, finishing 10th overall of 35 scoring teams with 603 points, with our NAAC Girls in 9th with 407.5 points and our NAAC boys in 12th with 199.5 points and a total of 38 NAAC swimmers qualifying to participate!
- 8 Top 5 Finishes
- 40 total Top 15 Finishes
- 8 NewTeam Records from Carly Meeting (1650 Fr, 1000 Fr, 200 Fr), Hope Schimming (200 Back), Josh Smith (100 Br, 200 Br & 400 IM) & the Girls 13-14 800 Free Relay (Crumbley, Downs, Smith, Meeting)
Other New SCY Team Records… 3 new records at Sr. Circuit (17-18 boys Andrew Bernsdorf in 1000 9:35.44 and 1650 free 15:47.60 & 15-16 boys Mitchell List 200 breast 2:06.56), and 4 other records over the course of the season (8&u boys Max White 25 back 17.04; 9-10 boys Luke Axline 100 Breast 1:18.30 and 200IM 2:25.65; 13-14 boys Issac Myhal 50 fly 28.78)
Summer 2018 LCM Championship Highlights
- Total New LMC NAAC Team Records for 2018 – 42
- New Individual Team Records – 34
- New Relay Team Records - 8
The 2018 LCM TYR Pro Series Meet at OSU took place July 5-8, with 11 NAAC swimmers competing. We included the TYR Meet along with Sr. Meet as our 2 primary Sr. Championship meets this year due to the high level of competition at TYR and the proximity of both meets. The TYR Pro was a very successful meet for our qualified swimmers, who all had the opportunity to share the pool and compete with several US Olympians! NAAC swimmers were all suited up for this meet, with some shaved, but none of our Sr. swimmers peaking for this or any meet this summer (our Sr groups peak in Nov/Dec and again in Feb/Mar) – so a particularly good showing with 15 new best times of 25 swims, all un-rested! Representing NAAC at individual evening Finals swims were 6 individual swimmers, with 8 new team records at this meet.
The 2018 LC Senior Meet at Denison took place July 12-15. We missed our usual dorm-sharing summer bonding with the close proximity of the meet but did have a lot of fun and fast swims despite not being rested – again as at TYR, all suited up and most swimmers shaved – ready but not rested! NAAC Finished the meet in 6th place of 30+ teams with 40 competing swimmers tallying 867.5 points in total (440.5 points for the Men in 5th; and 392 points for the Women in 5th as well). Our swimmers earned 8 New Team Records at the meet; 3 individual and 5 relay records.
The 2018 LC JO Championship at Miami U took place July 19-22, and NAAC had 31 swimmers competing, with 15 new qualifying times from the Regional meet at BG 2 weeks prior. NAAC finished in 11th place of 55 teams present (NAAC Girls 7th @ 480 pts; NAAC Boys 12th @ 246 points) with a total of 726 points. We set 15 New Individual Team Records and 3 New Team Relay Records, and we had a record 72% personal best individual times along with 85% of our relays scoring.
2018 Zone Meet competing with Team Ohio – NAAC had 10 competitors participating in the Central Zone Meet hosted at Spire (Geneva, OH) over Aug 2-5.