Springfield Family YMCA Swim Team Info for
2019-20 Short Course Swim Season: September to March
Our Springfield Family YMCA Swim Team aka SPY or SPYNATION is an outstanding competitive YMCA youth competitive sport program.
To be a Y competitive swimmer, your child must be a Springfield Family Y member to participate on our SPY Swim Team.
SAVE THESE DATES
NEW Swimmer's Parent Informational Meeting
Wednesday August 7th at 7pm at our Springfield Family YMCA's lobby area
- 300 South Limestone
- Great opportunity to get SPY Info & handouts; plus, have your questions answered
- Chat with SPY Coach Mickey and some SPY Parents
- Check out our Springfield Family Y
Practices begin Tuesday, September 3rd practice schedule: TBD
New Family Informational Meeting> September TBD at Springfield Family Y's Youth Gym
All SPYNATION Meeting> September TBD at Springfield Family Y's Youth Gym
- covering some improvements for families for a successful season
- Updates to Handbook and SafeSport
- discuss responsibilities and expectations for a Great Season for your swimmer
SWIMVILLE Swim Shop at our Y> September TBD in Y's Lobby
Returning SPY members:
Training Group List>/ohsfymca/UserFiles/Image/QuickUpload/2019-20-spy-swim-groups-as-of-7-26-2019_016098.pdf
Steps For RETURNING SPY members to join SPY Swim Team again
- Your Swimmer must maintain a Springfield Family Y Membership
- SPY Program Fees Registration along with completing all needed forms at our Y which is open between August 1st-August 30th
- You must arrange payment for Program Fees & complete forms in person
- Your SPY Packet at our Y's Welcome Center has all forms and needed handouts
- Register on SWIMSPY.com for your swimmer’s 2019-20 account by Seotember 13th aka Team Account and pay the $30 Administration/Concession Fee
- All returning SPY Program Fees Registration and our Team Website Registration opens up Thursday, August 1st.
- Please remember SPY Program Fees registration MUST be completed by Friday, August 30th in order to arrange payment
- Any returning swimmer who registers after September 1st will pay the 2019-20 NEW Member Program Fees PLUS $50 late fee per swimmer.
SPY Program Fees must be completed in person at our Springfield Family YMCA’s Welcome Center due to forms, which need completed and signed. Some forms must be signed by your athlete too. SPY Program fees cannot be handle over the phone or Internet.
For your reference>>> Here are your upcoming SPY Program Fees for Returning Swimmer paid by 9:00pm on Friday August 30th
Our Y’s Welcome Center has the training groups and your assisned program fee so they will assist you when registering since some swimmers are changing training groups this season
- New SPY Swimmers for 2019-20 Season
NEW Swimmers may try out our team from September 2nd-14th, so you may assess if our Y program is a good choice for your child. We encourage any potential NEW Swimmer to arrange a swim evaluation with our SPY Head Coach John Bishop. The swim evaluation provides your child your meet and chat with one of our coaches, plus allow your child to be assigned to the best training group to permit a positive development in their sport of swimming. You may contact John at our Y: (937) 323-3781
- QUICK FYI: To join SPYNATION, you will need to be Springfield Family Y member, pay SPY Program Fee, and register on our team website
Click on Link for Springfield Family YMCA's Membership Options and Fees: https://www.springfield-ymca.org/Join-the-Y/rates-fee.html
Click on Link for New Member's Program Fees> https://www.teamunify.com/ohsfymca/UserFiles/Image/QuickUpload/spy-new-2019-2020_069299.pdf
For New and Returning SPY Families... please remember: