We offer an annual week of official try outs to the team every October (for 2021 it will be Oct. 11th-14th at 5:00pm on a drop in basis), however if you have a swimmer interested in trying out outside of this designated week, please let us know by using the 'Contact Us' link.
There is no minimum age requirement to join the team, swimmers must be able to demonstrate the following:
- 25 yards freestyle/front crawl
- 25 yards backstroke/back crawl
- 25 yards breaststroke
- 25 yards wiggle worm (dolphin kick)
- Swimmers must be able to complete a full 25 yards without a break, but will be allowed a break after each length
- Swimmers must be willing/able to commit to at least 45 minute practices.
Depending on the swimmers skill level they will begin by joining either the novice (5:15pm-6:00pm M-Th practices) or age group (5:15pm-6:45pm M-F practices). This will be determined after the try out.
Expected fees to begin include: the USA swimming registration fee (currently $76 for the 2022 year), the monthly dues (dependent on which level they join the team at) plus a $15 pool fee. All payments will be held for the first 2 weeks of participation, to allow the swimmer to attend practices and determine if they would like to continue on the team. If the swimmer decides they do not want to continue at the end of the two week period then all fees will be returned in full.