We are glad to see you are interested in joining the Marlins.
On-line registration is now open for the 2018 long course season. Please call the office if you have questions or need assistance.
Membership information can be found below.
Here’s how you can become a part of the Marlin Tradition!
1. The first step is to contact the Marlins. Many families arrange a meeting with one of our coaches to learn first-hand about our team. We also hold several open houses for prospective members from July – August each year. The open houses are a great opportunity to meet our coaches, swimmers and other families.
2. All swimmers must complete a registration form and a medical release form. If a new member has competed for another USA Swimming team in the previous four months, a transfer form must also be completed. The Marlins also require a $100 deposit with new registrations. Click here for a Membership Packet
3. Our coaches will want to talk to each family to learn about the swimmer. The coach may want to watch the athlete swim in order to place them in the appropriate training group. This is not a try-out. Coaches will simply be choosing the most effective training group for each swimmer.
4. Start having fun!
Once you are a new member there are things you can do to help you get into the flow of being a Marlin.
- Ask Questions. Ask Coaches, ask other parents, ask swimmers, call the office! There is a lot going on with a large team. No one could get all of their questions answered in one sitting. Situations come up and as they do ask someone who knows.
- Attend Meetings. The Marlins host a variety of Meetings each year.
- A new parents meeting is held in October.
- Each group will have meetings with the group’s coach twice during the year.
- Specialized meetings in the areas of college recruiting, nutrition, training, etc. are held throughout the year.
- Board meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month. These meetings are open to all members.
- Set up a one-on-one meeting with your coach.
- Check the Web-Site. Our site is updated daily and there is always a something new added. In addition, each member will have a log-in so they can check information specific to their practice times, meet entries, best times, meet results, and billing information.
- Check mailboxes. Each family has a folder located at their practice location. Forms, newsletters, memos, etc. are placed in these folders on a regular basis.