Welcome to the Cincinnati Marlins Officials homepage.
Our club has a need for parent volunteers to officiate at our home meets. Among the many benefits are free admission to meets, free food & beverage via our excellent hospitality room, and a front-row seat to your child's swimming on deck.
No experience required. Our Officials Chair will guide you through the education materials, and you will have the opportunity to apprentice with our current officials prior to being certified.
Our coaches and swimmers thank you for making our meets possible!
The Marlins Officials Chair is Joe Replogle, and he can be reached at email@example.com.
Please click here to be taken to Ohio Swimming's Officials page.
The Cincinnati Marlins host several of the best swim meets in Ohio and surrounding states. We offer more quality swimming opportunities than any other club within 300 miles of Cincinnati. In order to do this, we need our member families to get involved and take on the volunteer opportunities that require training, certification, and experience. One important way to do this is to become a USA Swimming qualified Swimming Official.
THE TOP TEN REASONS TO BECOME A SWIMMING OFFICIAL
10. You are an active part of some of the best meets in Ohio Swimming.
9. You get an excellent working knowledge of swimming and the rules.
8. An exposure to other rewarding opportunities to participate in Marlins meets and operations.
7. Our own amazing hospitality (good food and a cool place to sit) during Marlins meets.
6. You meet and learn the sport with some of the best and most experienced USA Swimming Officials in Ohio Swimming.
5. No need to work the crowds to find a seat in the gym or the bleachers.
4. A Marlins Official shirt to wear with pride.
3. USA Swimming fees are fully refundable when you work as an Official through the year.
2. Flexibility in scheduling your session requirements. You can work with the Officials Coordinator to schedule times that work for your personal schedule versus hitting the sign up page at exactly 9PM on a Sunday night just in time to catch the last maintenance opportunity!
1. BEST PLACE TO WATCH A MEET EVER! You can watch the swimming action up close and interact with your swimmer in ways that are not possible any other volunteer role.
SOUNDS GREAT – WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
The best way to get started is to attend the Ohio Swimming Fall Clinic and Training session. We will meet at the Mason Community Center at 9AM on Saturday, April 30 2016. This is the same day as the Marlins intra-squad meet at the pool. You do not have to sign up - just show up and we’ll make sure you get what you need. During the morning you will learn everything you need to become a Swimming Official. You can contact our Officials Coordinator – Joe Replogle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or any questions about becoming a Swimming Official.