Coaches Role and Responsibilities:
The coaches job is to supervise the entire competitive swim program. The Columbia River Swim Team Coaching staff is dedicated to providing a program for youngsters that will enable them to learn the value of striving to improve oneself, to be the best your can be. Therefore, the coaches must be in control in matters affecting training and competition.
1. The coaches are responsible for placing youngster in practice groups. This is based on the age and ability level of each individual. When it is in the best interest of a swimmer, he/she will be placed in a more challenging training group by the coach.
2. Sole responsibility for stroke instruction and the training regimen rest with the CRST coaching staff. Each groups practices are based on sound scientific principles and are geared to the specific goals of that group.
3. The Coaching staff will make the final decision concerning which meets the CRST swimmers may attend. The coaching staff also makes the final decision concerning which events a swimmer is entered into.
4. At meets, the coaching staff will conduct and supervise warm up procedures for the team. After each race the coaches will offer constructive criticism regarding the swimmers performance.
5. Building of a relay team is the sole responsibility of the coaching staff.