This competitive group consists of high school age swimmers who are serious about the sport of swimming and committed to improving themselves. This group has an increased emphasis on physical conditioning as well as race preparation and goal setting. Dryland practices are provided for this group to provide other opportunities for conditioning and strength training. Athletes in this group will be expected to act as examples and leaders to younger KEY swimmers both in and out of the water.
- High School Swimmers are automatically placed in this group regardless of ability
- Must be able to understand time cycles and read a pace clock
- 8th graders must have at least 3 Zone qualifying times and/or a YMCA Summer National Qualifying time
- Ability to manage time and outside obligations
- Ability to set realistic goals and work to attain them
- Paddles, Pull Buoy, Snorkel, Fins, Kickboard, Mesh Bag
- No requirements; 6-8 practices per week suggested (includes dryland workouts)