This group is composed of athletes that are serious about the sport of swimming and looking to swim not only at the highest level of High School Swimming, but continue their careers in the college ranks.
This group will be limited to the best candidates able to train at a very high level with limited other commitments. Morning double practices are mandatory. Practices will be endurance based with additional speed training as a supplement. Dryland work includes body weight exercises, medicine ball and weight training. Athletes in this group will be expected to act as examples and leaders to younger KEY swimmers both in and out of the water.
- Must be willing and able to train at high levels
- Must be able to swim 3000 yards Freestyle
- Must be able to swim 200 yards of each stroke
- Must be able to swim a 400 yard IM
- Must be able to understand time cycles and read a pace clock
- Ability to manage time and outside obligations
- Ability to set realistic goals and work to attain them
- Paddles, Pull Buoy, Snorkel, Fins, Kickboard, Mesh Bag
- 85% requirement for the short course season and 75% requirement for the long course season
- This includes any vacations or jobs