|Would you like to learn to...
||Make New Friends?
Olympic Way Swimming The Olympic Way program of the Tualatin Hills Swim Club (Thunderbolt Swimming) is a fun introduction to competitive swimming for children ages 5-10. Your child will learn to be a strong swimmer in a fun, encouraging and team-oriented environment. When appropriate, Olympic Way acts as a stepping stone to our competitive squads.
Our Staff Our staff is energetic and highly-qualified. We aim to inspire these young swimmers, and help develop in them a life-long love for the water. See the bios of all our great coaches.
Olympic Way Groups Upon trying-out, our staff will place your swimmer in the most appropriate group for his or her individual level. Our groups are small and the athletes develop strong bonds with their “teammates” and coaches.
- Bronze Level (OWB): Swimmers have achieved at least TPHRD Level F, have been in Swim America, Splash or other swim programs where they have learned the basic stokes and can handle a 30 minute practice. Next step, Silver!
- Silver Level (OWS): Swimmers promoted from Bronze or are at least at THPRD Level H, have been in Swim America, Splash or some swim program introducing them to competition.
- Gold Level (OWG): Promoted from Silver or are at TPHRD Level I, Swim America, Splash or CYO who can handle a 40 minute practice.
Schedule There are flexible scheduling options for each level, making it easy to fit FUN into your family’s unique schedule. To see Olympic Way's current schedule options, please click on the Calendar tab above and select the current schedule on the pull down menu.
Each group practices individually, Monday-Thursday. Then the "Friday Night Thunder" mini-meets act as a chance to get all groups together for racing, challenges, starts and turns, as well as other group activities that aim to build cohesiveness.
Ready To Join Us?
- Register for one of the upcoming tryouts (watch our home page for announcements).
- Once you've tried out and been placed in the appropriate group, please print this registration packet, complete the forms, and bring to your first practice.
Have Questions/Need More Info?
Please contact our:
Membership Coordinator, Jennifer Muralt at email@example.com
- Or -
Olympic Way Head Coach, Tim Larkin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Olympic Way! We're excited to have you on our team!!!