AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING will instruct:
- Skills and knowledge to prevent and respond to
- CPR for the professional rescuer
- First Aid
- Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of the course attended
- Attend ALL training sessions
- Successfully complete the following prerequisites:
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Retrieve a 10 pound object & return with it to the surface
- Perform all required skills with accuracy
- Pass a written test with a score of at least 80%
Participants must pass the entire pre-skills test in order to continue the course! FAILURE TO PASS THE PRE-TEST RESULTS IN FORFEITURE OF CLASS FEES.
Lifeguard students must be present for all class dates to obtain certification, missing one class will prevent a student from passing.