The Willamalane Swim Club (“WSC”) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation engaged in the organization, instruction, and development of competitive swimming programs in Springfield, Oregon. WSC strives to ensure the accessibility of its programs to all swimmers, regardless of age, race, sex, religion, ability, financial need or hardship. To this end, WSC provides a limited number of partial tuition grants to qualified WSC members who demonstrate a financial need. The WSC Board of Directors will review completed applications for scholarship, and will determine awards on a case-by-case, first-come-first-served basis. Awards of scholarship may not exceed 5% of WSC’s total membership per swim season.
*Please read full application for full qualification and requirements*
Swimmers must meet ALL of the following requirements to qualify for WSC scholarship consideration:
- 1. Current member of Willamalane Swim Club;
- 2. Completes and submits WSC Scholarship Application;
- 3. Demonstrates a commitment to swimming;
- 4. Demonstrates full-time enrollment status at a Lane County school, or be a registered homeschooler;
- 5. Possesses a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher;
- 6. Possesses either U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status as defined by 8 USC §1101(a)(13)(c);
- 7. Demonstrates a need for financial assistance (e.g., qualify for Free or Reduced Fee School Lunch Program, receive Medicaid, extenuating circumstances, etc.)
- 8. Demonstrates a zero balance on the applicable WSC member account (e.g., the applicable WSC account may not contain any outstanding balances, including any outstanding balances for past fundraising and volunteer obligations).
- 1. All registration fees and monthly dues must be paid in full prior to submission of a scholarship application;
- 2. Accounts must be current, and in good standing. Failure to maintain a current account may result in loss of scholarship;
- 3. Endowed swimmers must attend at least 75% of all available workouts, and participate in WSC activities (e.g., swim meets, fundraisers, etc.)
- 4. Swimmer’s parents and/or other representatives must meet volunteer and fundraising commitments as outlined in the WSC handbook.
Please submit the completed WSC Scholarship Application Form, along with a copy of your most recent WSC billing invoice, and a copy of the applicant swimmer’s most recent school report card and any other supporting documentation to “WSC Scholarship Committee,” P.O. Box 633, Springfield, Oregon 97477.
Please allow up to 4 weeks from the time of submission to receive a decision on your application. Please note that applications will receive review only after all required documentation has been submitted.
All applications for scholarship receive equal and anonymous consideration by WSC’s Board of Directors. All personally identifiable information is redacted from each application package prior to review. WSC maintains the highest levels of confidentiality, and ensures an impartial process in the review and award of all scholarships.
CLICK HERE TO GET SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION