WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc. Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for the WTRC Shark’s Swim Team Inc. which governs participation in the WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc. program at out of town or local meets, at any WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc practice activity, and any WTRC Shark’s Swim Team Inc. member representing Ohio Swimming or USA swimming.
The purpose of this code of conduct is to promote the best possible individual, team, and program impression at all times.
Part I - Swimmer Conduct
1. All participating team members will abide by this code.
2. All participants will wear designated team suits, caps, and T-shirts during all competition.
3. All swimmers will do their best to participate in WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc. hosted meets.
4. All athletes will participate in designated championship meets they have qualified for.
5. Curfews at team travel events as a member of Ohio Swimming, WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc. or USA swimming sponsored events and at all related activities will be obeyed. Extension will only be granted by the head coach. Curfew is not enforced if the participant is with their parents.
6. On team travel events, male and female swimmers may not be in each other’s room on any team trip unless supervised by designated team official (chaperone or coach).
7. Use of alcoholic beverages is unacceptable at any time.
8. Use of drugs other than those prescribed by your physician is unacceptable at any time.
9. Tobacco use is unacceptable at any time.
10. Any type of physical or sexual harassment or abuse between swimmers will not be tolerated and could be considered hazing.
11. Disrespectful, indiscreet, hazing rituals, bullying or other destructive behavior will not be tolerated. It is the responsibility of each swimmer to make every effort to avoid guilt by association with such activities at any time.
12. Any suspected abuse physical, sexual, or otherwise must be immediately reported to the Head Coach or a member of the WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc. Parent Board.
13. Respect to the coaches and team swimmers are expected at all times during practice and at meets. Horseplay or disruption during practice or at swim meet affecting other swimmers or the coaches’ ability to coach will not be tolerated.
14. All participants will comply with all the rules and regulations of the WTRC Rec Center as well as those of host aquatic facilities.
15. All Participants and their parents have a responsibility to do their best to ensure this and USA Swimming’s code of conduct is adhered to and help to ensure safety of the program participants.
Part II - Parent Conduct
1. Cursing, slandering or verbally abusing coaches, athletes or other parents will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate removal from the team.
2. If you have feedback (positive or negative) for your child’s coach please speak with your child’s coach first.
3. All families will do their best to pick-up and drop off athletes in a timely manner.
4. All parents must be respectful of each other and other athletes.
5. If you have a question ask regarding practices, meets, or policies of the team, please speak to the coach.
6. Please do not interrupt coaches during practice. Questions can be asked through email, before or after practice or a separate meeting can be scheduled.
7. Support of the team by volunteering for the requisite needed sessions and meeting fundraising commitments is required to retain membership.
8. Timely payment of team dues is required to retain membership. Athletes with dues delinquent 60 days or more will not be permitted to swim in practices or meets.
9. All Participants and their parents have a responsibility to do their best to ensure this and USA Swimming’s code of conduct is adhered to in order to ensure safety of the program participants.
10. Any suspected abuse physical, sexual, or otherwise must be immediately reported to the Head Coach or a member of the WTRC Sharks Swim Team Inc. Parent Board.
11. Parents and family members will comply with the rules and regulations of the WTRC Rec Center and host aquatic facilities.
Part III – Violation of the Code of Conduct
At the discretion of the coach any one or all of the following penalties will be applied.
1. Swimmer may be scratched from a meet.
2. Swimmer may be sent home immediately from practice or meet at his own extra expense. If there is an extra expense, it will be the swimmer’s responsibility.
3. Swimmer may be suspended from the team until the swimmer and the parents have had a conference with the head coach and appropriate disciplinary actions have been implemented. This is automatic with violations of General Conduct rules 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and or 14. Disciplinary action may include suspension and/or permanent removal from the team.
4. Violation of the General Conduct rules 4, 5,6,7,8,9,10 will result in the swimmer being suspended from ALL team trips for the remainder of the swim year and/or a specific period of time determined by the head coach.
All athletes and their parents agree to abide by the rules of conduct as set forth in part I above and acknowledge that, should the parent (or swimmer) violate any provision in Part I, the parent(s) (or swimmer) will subject to disciplinary action as set forth in Part II, including suspension and/or team membership termination.