Description: Training to Win
Age: High School
- 8 x 100s Free @ 1:15boys/1:20girls
- 3,000 For Time under 40min.boys/42min.girls
- 8 x 100s IM @ 1:25boys/1:35girls
- At least ONE Senior level time standard.
Group Goals and Requirements:
- Be a positive role model within the Hills team
- 90% of seasonal practice is required to attend qualifying meets (The coach retains discretion of accepting absences which do not count against the attendance figure)
- Regular attendance of all strength training workouts
- Attend all competitions recommended by the coach
- Strive to complete seasonal group and individual goals
- Wear appropriate attire from the direction of the coach, including team gear and technical swim suits
- Conduct themselves with honor and selflessness at all competitions and practices
- Limited interference from high school season (swimmers must compete at all required meets and practices during this season)
- Be active in fundraising and volunteering time to assist swim lessons or Junior Group practice
- Must live lifestyle appropriate for achieving greatest personal success
- Proper Nutrition for training
- No drugs, tobacco products, alcohol consumption
- Parent involvement in swimming decisions is minimum
- Display ability to communicate with the coach
- Not rely on parents to communicate for them
- Willingness and positive attitude to perform at every event prescribed by the coach
- Strive to attend all Junior Olympic/Far Western/Senior Level Meets posted on the schedule
Athletes: Treat others with respect and care. Always arrive 5 min. earlier than the practice or meet start time. Frequent tardiness is not accepted. Swimmers must be dedicated to swimming as their primary extracurricular activity. Demonstrate a positive attitude and solid effort at all times. Bring appropriate equipment and attire (water
bottles at practice are required).
Parents: Participation in Hills events and activities is required. All fees must be paid in a timely manner. Parents should treat other parents and coaches with respect and are encouraged to assist new parents in volunteer tasks.
Volunteering in Meet Timing/Meet Officiating/Meet hosting is required. Plan family vacation time in accordance
with the swim training schedule.