Entering LAC Swim Meets
General Meet Information:
· To locate swim meets: All meets will be listed on lacswimming.org under “Swim Meets,” you will find it about half way down on the LAC homepage.
· If you have competed in a meet with LAC in the past, your swimmer will still be in Swim Connection. You can enter as you have in the past. If not, you will need to register your swimmer(s). See page titled: “New to ome.swimconnection.com”
- Meets are Saturday & Sunday, with different events offered each day. The online meet entry system will give you information regarding warmups and meet start time.
- The coaches do not place swimmers in events for USA swim meets. It is up to the swimmer(s) and parent(s) to enter into events based on your coach’s recommendations and your families swimming goals.
- Swimmers are responsible for all meet entry fees (occasionally the board may pay for relay entries handled by coaches)
- Swimmers Age: At USA meets, swimmers compete at their current age the day of the meet.
- USA recognized age groups: 8&under, 9-‐10, 11-‐12, 13-‐14, 15-‐16 & 17-‐18
- Swimmers must be registered with USA swimming.
Entering Swim Meets:
Online Meet Entry at Swim Connection – Swim meets are entered online using Swim Connection. www.ome.swimconnection.com
After logging in, you will see open meets. Select the meet the team is attending. The coaches will only attend meets that are listed on our meet schedule. Click on the meet link.
This will take you to the meet entry page.
The Meet Sheet will tell you the date, location, host, and director of the meet.
Once you have read the meet sheet, click the online meet entry tab and choose the swimmer you are registering. See what events are being offered and what days.
You will need to enter times for each event, to do this, select the “BEST” tab. If your swimmer has no time for that event, NT will appear and you may proceed with entering. Then Save at the bottom of the page.
You are not done yet. You must hit the go to payment page button and pay for your entries to be complete.
Swimmers are responsible for all meet entry fees (occasionally the board may pay for relay entries handled by coaches).
When you complete your payment, you will get a confirmation. It is always good to print this page and bring it to the swim meet with you.
Establishing Your USA Times:
Once you swim in a USA meet, swim connection will record that time. You can always manually override a time in swim connection – it will give you a warning but the time you input will stick.
Team areas are established on a first come basis at meets. All swimmers and parents should set up in the team area during the meet. At the conclusion of the meet, we are responsible for cleaning up our team area.
Our team will be assigned timing responsibilities and officiating duties based on our entries. If you sign up to swim in a meet, you are required to fulfill 1 timing shift (1 hour) per day of attendance. The timing signup sheet will be at the coach’s tent at every LAC meet. If you are interested or have experience with Stroke &Turn officiating, please consider becoming a registered official. Please see an LAC Board Member if interested.
Checking into Swim Meets:
Swimmers need to check in at the check in table and initial all events they are swimming as soon as you arrive to the meet. Parents are NOT able to check in or initial for their swimmers. If you do not check in, they will scratch you from your first event.