What to Expect at Your First Swim Meet:
Swim meets are a great opportunity for the whole family to spend time together as well as with all the other families on the team. Your first meet or two can be a lot to take in without a little preparation. Below are some guidelines geared to help you through your first couple of swim meets.
What To Take To A Swim Meet
- Swimsuit, flip flops, SMAC cap, and goggles. Have an extra suit, cap, and pair of goggles just in case you might need it.
- Towels – wet bodies everywhere so pack at least two.
- Old blanket, or camp chair. Something comfy for you and your swimmer to sit on.
- Need to stay warm between events and there is nothing worse than pulling on cold, soggy sweatpants. Several changes of clothes such as sweatpants, sweatshirts, and t-shirts. Sandals or uggs shoes are required for all SMAC swimmers to wear at all times. This will keep them warmer and their feet protected.
- Small cooler of healthy snacks and drinks. Suggestions for items to bring: Water, sports drinks, granola bars, fruit, yogurt, nuts, trail mix, sandwiches.
- Sharpie marker, pen, highlighter. Entertainment for the whole family such as travel games, cards, coloring books, books,
USA Swimming has additional great info for parents who are new to swim meets at the below link:
SWIM MEET BASICS