2018 YOST Penguins
Registration begins April 21st online at seattleymca.org or at Dale Turner Family YMCA
Team Duration: June 25th - August 9th
$200- Y Members and/or Edmonds Residents
$240- Non Member/Resident
The purpose of Yost Swim Team is to promote a fun recreational atmosphere that creates a safe and competitive summer experience for children who like to swim.
- Parents – Parents are expected to support their swimmer(s) in attending both practices and meets. They are expected to positively encourage both their swimmer(s) and other swimmers at the end of practices, during, and after meets. Parents are expected to volunteer whenever possible to help at meets and to notify coaches in writing or by e-mail, of any absences, and to maintain a courteous manner when addressing the coaches, Yost staff, other parents, or swimmers.
- Coaches – Coaches will maintain a positive, fun, and safe competitive environment. Coaches will also make every effort to give individual guidance to every swimmer in his or her age group and to improve the technique and performance of those swimmers. Coaches will maintain a courteous and polite manner when addressing other coaches, parents, and swimmers. Finally, coaches will listen to and address the concerns of parents and swimmers to the best of their ability.
- Swimmers – Swimmers are expected to attend and try their best at practices and meets. They are expected to have a positive attitude towards coaches, parents and swimmers, and to encourage other swimmers. Finally, swimmers are expected to follow pool rules and follow the directions of any coach or pool staff (even at other pools).
Where to Find Information:
- Bulletin Board: We have a swim team bulletin board on the wall in the Main Upper Deck Entrance Area. Please check the bulletin board for important information regarding the swim team
- Email: Emails will be sent out through the course of the season. You can also email us at YOSTpenguins@seattleymca.org for any questions involving swim meets, practices, or general questions. For billing or Admin questions please contact our Aquatics Director Lauren Yee at email@example.com Please add us to your contacts so our e-mails don’t end up in your spam folder.
- Swim Team Boxes: Every child will have a folder alphabetized by last name where they can pick up their ribbons and hand-outs whenever it is convenient for them. We will announce important information and tell the swimmers to check their folders during practices. The swim team boxes will be located underneath the swim team bulletin board.
- Team Unify: Our team website is https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?_tabid_=0&team=pnsdtfy coaches/staff will post various pieces of information there.
- Ages 5-10 Monday-Thursday 8am-9am or 3:30pm-4:15pm
- Ages 11-18 Monday-Thursday 9am-10am or 4:15pm-5:15pm
- All Ages (5-18) Monday -Thursday 5:15pm-6:15pm ONLY
2018 The Meet Schedule
2018 Summer League CHAMPIONSHIPS
Apparel/Suit Order Day:
Volunteers: We will need volunteers throughout the course of the season. Please email YOSTpenguins@seattleymca.org if you would like to help us out. Timers, Announcers, Card Runners, Data Entry, Ribbons and Labels.
Contact Information: If you have questions or comments you can e-mail YOSTpenguins@seattleymca.org or our Aquatics Director Lauren Yee firstname.lastname@example.org