What To Bring
- Team swim suit
- Team caps (2)
- Goggles (and a spare pair)
- Towels (one per event )
- Water bottle
- Boots or shoes
- Team t-shirt, sweats or parka
- Water!!!!! (Gatoraid or similar if you need flavor)
- Beach chair
- Old blanket or sleeping bag
- Waterproof sunscreen, sunglasses
Swim Meet Do’s and Don’ts
- Do conserve your energy. Stay off your legs (save them for the pool); wear shoes for warmth and protection; wear shirt and hat to reduce exposure; stay out of the sun.
- Do be on time (or early) for everything including: stretching, meet warm-up, and team meetings.
- Do cheer for you teammates Everyone performs better when they see supporters at the end of their lane.
- Do stay hydrated!!! Drink plenty of water or other liquids (but not soda).
- Don’t get sunburned. Apply waterproof sun block repeatedly throughout the day.
- Do eat healthy food and snacks. Fruit, bagels and sports drinks make good between-race snacks. In general, avoid items with a lot of fat, fiber and refined sugar.
- Do bring activities like games and puzzles. The meet may last several hours.
- Don’t leave swimmers unattended at swim meets. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
Do have fun!!