USA Swimming Background Check (details on renewing or first time background check)
On April 1, 2017 USA Swimming will transition from its current background check vendor, SterlingBackCheck, to its new partner, IntelliCorp Records. This should not have a significant effect on the process by which members complete their background checks. The process remains as follows:
- Members will initiate the background check through the USA Swimming website at www.usaswimming.org/backgroundcheck.
- New members will select Option 1: New Member Background Check
- Renewing members will select Option 2: Renewal Background Check
- The member will be redirected to the IntelliRecords USA Swimming portal where they will be asked to (1) digitally sign a Disclosure, Authorization, and the USA Swimming Code of Conduct; (2) fill out their personal information and submit payment.
- The cost for all members the first time they complete a background check with Intellicorp is $38. Subsequent renewal checks are $18, but may also be $38 under the new company.
- Results will be returned to the member via email within 7-14 business days.
- Results will be automatically updated in SWIMS to reflect the new BGC expiration date.