Welcome New and Returning MSSC Parents!
Below you will find a simple “How to” guide to MSSC .
- to register with MSSC – Left side of menu bar. New Families will not have access to website or receive emails until registered.
- There is a $100 non refundable registration fee
- Full year payment due when registering at the end of a 2 week trial period.
- Monthly payments - Six (6) Monthly payments (Oct 1 – Mar 1) due on first of month.
- Payments should be mailed to MSSC, PO Box 160, Laurel, MD 20725
- Here you have access to joining and registering for MSSC, swim meet info and dates, important news, team calendars, parent page, coach info and email addresses, shopping at our webstore (Swim Outlet), and access to MY Account where you can view your payment invoice and view your swimmer’s meet results. You must be logged onto view your account.
- News section – Along banner line
- Here you will find team updates, announcements of team social events, merchandise sales and important news and messages from the coaching staff.
- Events section – Middle of banner bar
- The events section lists all of MSSC swim meets and other team functions. This section gives information about the meets such as the location, meet times, warm up times, deck fees and meet entry fees.. It also allows you to edit swim meet commitments and sign up for volunteer jobs for MSSC hosted meets, before the registration deadline closes.
- The most important part of the Events section is learning how to edit meet commitments. Clicking on the RED “edit commitment” tab allows you to enter, remove, and change events for you swimmer. After clicking on the “edit commitment” tab you will see a gray athlete sign up page with athlete name, important notes in red, declaration, and notes section. The declaration is a drop down where you may select – Yes, Please sign(athlete name) up for this event OR No, thanks my athlete will not attend this event. Below the declaration is a notes box in which you need to write communication to coaches, such as “can only swim Saturday” or “all days” or “must leave by 10 AM Sat.” If you do not write anything in this area the coaches are to assume your athlete is available for all days of this swim meet. Further down on this page you will see a selection of meet events separated by day and age and session. If there are qualifying times (QT) required then you will see your athlete’s times highlighted if they meet the QT. You may select events however the coach will have final say over the event selection and your swimmer should be encouraged to discuss the selection with his/her coach. Please select SAVE CHANGES to save all you have done.
- Team Calendar – Tab across homepage
- Team calendar provides practice and events schedule. Last minute changes to the schedule are sent out by email, text as well as posted to the website under NEWS.
- “My Account” – left side menu bar
- Once logged into the MSSC website you will have access to the “My Account”, Here you can view your payment invoice, service hours account and your swimmer’s meet results. If you have questions about the above please email email@example.com
- Ordering MSSC apparel and team gear
- MSSC athletes are required to wear MSSC logo swim suit and swim cap at Mini, Open Meets, Club level meets
- MSSC athletes are required to wear the MSSC logo swim cap at Championship, Zone and sectional level meets
- Athletes in Senior and Junior Training group may wear swim suits commonly called “tech suits” as directed by MSSC senior coach. (Please note that as of now starting in Sept 2020, any athlete 12 and Under will be barred from wearing a tech suit in LSC Competition and below.)
- Athletes should purchase some MSSC spirit wear to show their team pride. Parkas, Sweatshirts, sweatpants, cheer short, basketball shorts, warm up jackets and pullovers are available through a variety of suppliers.
- The majority of MSSC gear is available through our WEBSTORE with Swimoutlet.com (See Button on right of home page)
- MSSC pullovers are available through Cassels Trophy and Sports.