PARENT VOLUNTEER POLICY
This information will be updated as soon as we resume sanctioned competitions.
Here is a helpful description of the many roles parents can play at a swim meet.
The swim meets which MSSC runs provide a significant part of our operating budget. We rely on volunteer help to run a smooth meet which is serving the needs of competitive swimmers and their coaches in the PVS LSC and beyond. MSSC asks that all team parents volunteer at the MSSC sponsored meet sessions in which their child swims. However, at Christmas Champs, Dec 6-8, 2019, we ask all parents of MSSC swimmers to volunteer for 2 sessions and parents of other groups (Beginner Mini’s) to volunteer approximately 2 hours of time. If you are physically prevented from being at Fairland that weekend there are many jobs involved in preparation with which you can assist.
- The meets we host in 2019 are as follows:
- October Open ( ages 9 and up) Friday - Sunday October 18-20
- Nuclear Racers (9 and under) Saturday October, 26th
- Christmas Champs (open with qual times) Friday - Sunday December 6-8
- Spring Championships (ages 9 and up) Friday - Sunday March 27-29, 2020
- Early Bird Long Course meet (Long course 9 and up) - Sat and Sun May 2-3, 2020
- Those members who do not or cannot fulfill this requirement at any our hosted meets will be assessed a volunteer fee of $50 per meet they missed at the end of May. This fee will be due by June 1st.
The links below will help explain some of the parent volunteer jobs.
Snack Bar coordinator