MSSC Financial Policies
- Registration fee:
- $125/swimmer (M2, AG2, JTG, SR1 and SR2)
- $50/swimmer (M1, AG1)
- Due by September 1st, 2021, to secure your space in program
- Check made out to MSSC
- Mail to MSSC, PO Box 2658, Laurel, MD 20709.
- Program fee payment methods (pick one at registration)
- Pay in full by September 1, 2021.
- Pay ½ of the Program fee by September 1, 2021, and the remaining balance by December 1, 2021.
- Pay in 6 monthly installments.
- Check or money order must be received in the office no later than the 25th of each month.
- This installment plan is a courtesy to families whose finances require spreading the cost of swimming out over a few months; however, it does not release families from the financial obligation entered with MSSC when registering for and participating in our program. If your swimmer withdraws from our program during the season, you are still obligated for the full year’s program fees.
- Exceptions do arise and waivers are addressed below.
- Meet entry fees
- Assessed to all groups by meet
- Meet fees are non-refundable
- Late Payment
- Program fees will be invoiced and sent by email on the first of each month.
- Payment is due by the 25th of the month.
- The charge for a late payment is $30 and will be assessed to your account.
- Returned checks will be charged a $25 returned check charge.
- All 6-month installment plans must be paid in full by March 1st.
- Accounts over 30 days past due will be ineligible to register for swim meets.
- Accounts 50 days past due may be subject to suspension of training privileges
- Returned check policy
- The charge for a check returned from your bank is $20, which will be applied to your account. After two (2) such occurrences in a season, MSSC reserves the right to require alternate form of payment such as cashier’s check, money order or Credit card w/ convenience fee.
- Refund Policy
- Prior to Sept 20th, you may withdraw only having paid the registration fee
- Sept 20th - Oct 3rd will be a trial period in which swimmers may withdraw or change groups. Fees will be adjusted as needed or partially refunded.
- Oct 4 – October 31 – Your responsibility is for 50% of program fee
- After November 1st - You are responsible for the full program fee.
- Medical: Should your athlete sustain a serious medical condition and is unable to participate in our program for a period greater than 4 weeks, your account will be suspended (no training fees charged). You must supply the MSSC office with a medical doctor’s note to substantiate this suspension.
- Move away from the area: Please inform the Team Manager in writing as soon as possible. Unused Program fees will be credited and refunded or any balance due is expected to be paid before departure.
- Discounts available to those paying the year- round program fee (Sept – May or Sept - July)
- Families with multiple swimmers may take 5% off the program dues for the lesser year round program fees for second, third swimmer, etc.
- A family cap of $5500 applies to all program fees; Registration fees, applicable meet entry fees, equipment, dryland fees are still assessed to all swimmers of the family.
- Referral incentive – Current members will earn a $25 credit per new swimmer they recruit to MSSC, provided the new swimmer signs up for a full year program and pays program fees in full. Credits will be applied when new swimmer’s account is paid in full.
- Officials’ incentive – Credit to your account of $250 on June 1, 2022, for any new official who becomes certified and works at least 10 sessions at swim meets (at least half should be MSSC hosted).