Personal Conduct Policies
(Coach, Parent, Swimmer)
Potomac Marlins Inc. strictly prohibits, and will not tolerate, harassment of any kind, from any employee, customer, athlete, official or agent toward any other employee, customer, athlete, official or agent from this or any other team. This policy prohibits harassment in any form, including sexual harassment. Sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to, unwelcome advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct or written communication of an intimidating, hostile, or offensive nature.
Any Swimmer or Parent who is determined to have engaged in harassing conduct is subject to discipline, up to and including revocation of his or her
membership with Potomac Marlins Swim Team.
Any Employee or Coach who is determined to have engaged in harassing conduct is subject to discipline, up to and including immediate termination.
All reports of misconduct will immediately be turned over to USA Swimming & proper authorities. In addition, Potomac Marlins Inc. will thoroughly
investigate any reports of harassment/ misconduct in a timely manner.
1) Any swimmer who believes that he or she is being harassed should immediately report the offensive conduct to his or her coach, USA
Swimming, his or her parents & proper authorities.
2) Any coach or other employee who feels that he or she is being harassed should immediately report the offensive conduct either to his or her
immediate superior or USA Swimming & proper authorities.
3) Within 24 hours of receiving a report of harassment, Potomac Marlins Inc. will immediately contact proper authorities, will contact USA Swimming and
in addition we will begin our own investigation of the claim.
4) If the reported harassment involves conduct by a swimmer against another swimmer, the parents or guardians of both shall be informed, as
quickly as possible, but no more than 48 hours after the coach or owner are made aware of the offensive conduct. If possible, and within the coach’s
discretion, the swimmers shall be separated by practice location until the investigation of the alleged conduct is complete.
5) If the immediate safety of any athlete, coach, employee, official or agent is in question, the accused will be temporarily suspended from all team
functions, including but not limited to practices, meets, meetings, etc.
As required by Federal, Virginia and/or Local Laws, Potomac Marlins may report instances of harassment to Law Enforcement Agencies for further
investigation and possible prosecution.
Potomac Marlins Inc. owners personally interview all potential Potomac Marlins Swim Team employees. All Potomac Marlins coaches must pass a
background screening administered by USA Swimming. Effective Jan. 1, 2011, Potomac Marlins Inc. will utilize the services of a third party Security
Firm to conduct even more aggressive and thorough screening of all, present and future, employees, contractors and agents. This screening will include
but is not limited to professional and personal reference checks, criminal background screening and interviews with former clubs and/or swimmers/