The mission of the Mason Makos Swim Team is to foster swimming as a fun, lifelong activity in a safe, healthy and positive environment. Our goal is to build outstanding, well-rounded athletes through team activities promoting personal achievement, self-discipline, goal-setting, time management and team spirit.
Values and Goals
We believe swimming prepares our team members with the lessons needed to succeed in life. Our aim is for each swimmer to achieve LIFTOFF:
- Lifelong. To promote swimming at all levels as a lifelong activity.
- Instill. To instill the self-discipline, goal-oriented behavior, and efficient time management required to excel in competitive swimming.
- Fun. To make swimming fun for all team members – from novice beginners to national-level competitors.
- Team. To foster teamwork, team camaraderie and team spirit.
- Outstanding. To promote athletic excellence and outstanding personal achievement.
- Fitness. To promote the physiological- and psychological benefits associated with swimming.
- Family. To incorporate families in team activities.