At the YMCA Silver Spring Piranhas Swim Team, we are looking for qualified swim coaches who love swimming and enjoy helping young athletes. This position is part-time and reports directly to the Head Coach. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Time commitment is 8-12 hours per week, plus swimming meets one or two weekends each month. Should be available Sunday-Friday 5:00-7:30pm
- Take lead coaching position of swim group.
- Create, plan and run practices for assigned training group(s) that will be instructive, informative, challenging and motivating.
- Create a positive learning environment with incorporating the YMCA core values.
- Assist other coaches as needed.
- Attend swim meets on weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Competitive swimming experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of coaching experience a plus.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be prompt and reliable.
- CPR, First-Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications (or equivalent), or ability to obtain immediately and pass the USA Swimming background screening and Athlete Protection Training.
Interested candidates please e-mail resumes to Laura Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org