How can I join the FISH Swim Team?
Congratulations on your decision to join the FISH! Here are the steps you need to follow in order to register for the FISH:
- Email the FISH Swim Team and set up a tryout with the FISH Coaches. Please note, that all swimmers must complete a tryout in order to be considered for the team. Once the tryout is complete, the coaches will be able to let you know which group is appropriate for your swimmer.
- After deciding on which group is right for your swimmer, please go to the FISH webstie - www.pvfish.org - and select the "Online Registration" tab and follow the steps for registering your swimmer for the FISH. Please note that you must electronically sign agreements contained therein, however it is highly recommended that you print copies for your own records of these agreements.
- After you have registered, please send in your payment to the following address:
- The FISH
1340 Old Chain Bridge Rd
McLean, VA 22101
- Once your payment has been received, we will make your account "Active" and you will begin receiving emails, team updates, and much more! You will use your primary account email address as your login ID to sign-in to the website to view areas not accessible to the general public.
- If you have trained or competed previously for a different USA Swimming Club, please complete the Transfer Form here.
- Once you are all set, take some time to view for the FISH website. There is a lot of information available to you. If you have any questions, always feel free to ask one of the Coaches!
When does registration begin?
Registration for the FISH Swim Team begins each year in May and will be open until the program is filled up. We recommend that all swimmers sign up as soon as possible once registration is open to guarantee that their desired time slot is available.
When will I know that I am officially registered with the FISH?
Once a payment was received, your account will be activated and you should begin to see emails from the coaching staff.
When and how do I receive my bill?
Invoices are generated each month on the 1st. All current charges, or unpaid balances will appear on your monthly invoice. This is available to view on the website via the link provided in the emai. Also around the 25th of each month, we will send out a billing summary allowing you to see what is has been invoiced to your account and what will be owed on the 1st of each month. Any billing activity entered after the 1st will be invoiced the following month. In order to view your bill, log into the website and look under the "Billing" tab.
When are payments due?
What does it mean when I receive an invoice notification that says I have a balance due?
This means that your FISH account had charges posted since the previous invoice and that you need to make a payment to the FISH (if you have a balance of zero or a credit, you do not need to make any payments for that month).
How do I make a payment?
Payments for season dues are to be paid in full at the time of registration. Usually payments are submitted by check to the team office. However, if you choose to pay by credit card, you can contact the Treasurer at email@example.com to set up your credit card payments. With credit card payments, there is a 3% processing fee per payment that is made so please keep that in mind. If you need to set up a payment plan, you can also contact the Treasurer to work out an agreement. Again please note that with a payment plan there will be a $20.00 installment fee per check/payment.
As for payments during the year, invoices will be sent out on a monthly basis on the 1st of the month and we ask that payments be submitted ASAP.
Please send payments to the following address:
1340 Old Chain Bridge Rd
McLean, VA 22101
Where can I see the detailed charges to my account?
After you have logged into your account, go to the "$My Invoice/Payment" tab. Under this tab, you can see current and past invoices and all payments you have made. You can also see any current charges that have been posted but have not been invoiced yet.
What kind of charges are posted to my account?
There are numerous charges that can be posted to your account including...
- Meet Entry Fees
- Team Travel Charges
- FISH Service/Volunteer Hours Fee - if you do not meet your requirements at swim meets
- Team Apparel / Swim Caps
- Team Socials
Who do I talk to if I have a question about my bill?
If you have a question about your bill, you should email the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.