Mini FISH II
Practice Location: Spring Hill RECenter in McLean, VA
This group is for swimmers who are 8 years old or younger.
Swimmers practice two times per week. Practice duration is one hour.
- 25 yards of freestyle with side breathing
- 25 yards of backstroke
- Dive from the deck
The success of the Mini FISH is measured in the ability to swim all strokes well; when this is accomplished, successful Mini FISH will be able to swim a strong IM. This is accomplished by focusing on the following objectives:
- to encourage proper swim technique through positive reinforcement
- to ensure that the competitive experience is a positive one
- to develop a feeling of self-worth and accomplishment so that swimming can become an enjoyable lifelong sport.
Goals of Mini FISH II Group:
- Swim a 100 IM legally (regardless of time)
- Perform legal turns for each stroke
- Kick 4x25 @ :45
- Push off and streamline to flags underwater with dolphin kick
- Acquire basic understanding of the pace clock