Mini FISH III
Practice Location: Spring Hill RECenter in McLean, VA and The Madeira School in McLean, VA.
This group is for swimmers who are 8 years old or younger.
Swimmers practice three times per week. Practice duration is one hour.
Entry into this group is by coach's invitation only.
The success of the Mini FISH is measured in the ability to swim all strokes well; when this is accomplished, successful Mini FISH will be able to swim a strong IM. This is accomplished by focusing on the following objectives:
- to encourage proper swim technique through positive reinforcement
- to ensure that the competitive experience is a positive one
- to develop a feeling of self-worth and accomplishment so that swimming can become an enjoyable lifelong sport.
Goals of Developmental Group:
- Swim a 100 IM legally (regardless of time)
- Perform legal turns for each stroke.
- Kick 4x25 @ :45
- Push off and streamline to flags underwater with dolphin kick
- Acquire basic understanding of the pace clock