AAG (Advanced Age Group FISH)
Practice Location: Spring Hill RECenter in McLean, VA during the week and on weekends we swim at Providence RECenter and either at the Madeira School or at Adurey Moore in Annandale.
Expectations for Advanced Age Group FISH
1) Regular practice attendance on Monday and Friday afternoons, along with Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings. (70% Attendance or Better)
2) Regular meet attendance, especially at Championship or other qualification meets.
3) Positive attitude at each practice, ready to focus and work hard each day.
4) Must listen to coach, and be eager to correct strokes and improve.
5) Arrive 10 minutes before each scheduled practice, for stretching and goal-setting.
6) Show up at practice with all your equipment (fins, pull buoy, paddles, & water bottle).
7) Attendance at team activities and socials.
Importance of Team Activities
The team aspect of swimming is one that often goes overlooked. At The FISH, we strongly believe in team activities and we strive to have a close-knit family. Not only does this give you the opportunity to build lifelong friendships outside of the pool, but it also helps everyone to become a better swimmer. A close-knit team supports each other in good times and bad, and helps the individual members become stronger.
We will be holding many socials and activities throughout the season as a way to come together. We expect you to attend as many of these activities as possible. Each member of our team is important, and it is vital that we build strong connections to our teammates. Not only does this foster the supportive environment that we strive for, but makes each individual feel as though they are a part of something bigger. It also gives the athletes an opportunity to form lasting friendships and to feel like they really are part of the team.
We have a few already planned, but we are always open to new ideas! Let us know if you have any cool ideas for socials or team activities.