Head Coaches: Nathan Meadows
Overview: TIBU Verde is the beginner-level competition group for swimmers 8 and up within the Hydro-Sonic organization. Members of this group have chosen to make competitive swimming a priority, with the goal of making top regional meets. In addition, all swimmers in TIBU Verde are expected to attend all PVS meets in which TIBU participates. This group is by invitation only based on top times and level of commitment. Any swimmer 8 and up who meets the minimum time requirements and is ready to make the sacrifice required to train at a high level can apply. Swimmers must submit their top times -- either PVS or MCSL -- in order to be considered for this group. Swimmers not interested in training at least two-four times per week should instead apply for the Junior Developmental program. Swimmers will be expected to train consistently throughout the entire season in order to attain their personal goals.
Target Meet(s): Holiday Invitational, JO’s, Mini-Champs, All-Stars
Goals: Swimmers enrolling in this group must have a set of goals
Time Standards: Please contact the office for Verde Time Standards.
• Ages 8 and up (must have coach recommendation to move up)
• TWO-THREE practices per week recommended (FOUR practices per week maximum), dryland required
• Participation in meets required
• Requires coaches approval
* Rubber Training Fins
* 3 caps
* 2 goggles (at least 2 at all times)
* Extra suit in practice bag
* Proper Dryland Attire: gym clothes, sneakers-no flip-flops
• Swimmers must attend 2-4 practices per week.
• Swimmers must attend the dryland portion of all water practices attended.
• If a swimmer is not able to meet the 2-4 practice requirement on a given week due to illness or emergency (excused absence), written documentation (parent note or email) must be submitted to the office.
* Swimmers not meeting a minimum of two practices each week at the end of each four week period will be removed from the TIBU Verde group and enrolled in the Jr. Development group. There will be no warnings. The family is responsible for paying all costs associated with the initial program. Swimmers will have the opportunity to return to the competition program after a goal meeting is held with the coaches.
* Travel Meet Policy: A swimmer must meet a minimum of 80% practice attendance in order to attend any travel meets.