Grievance Procedure For the Hydro-Sonic Tiburones
Your safety and the safety of our athletes is paramount to the Hydro-Sonic Tiburones and USA Swimming. If you experience or witness actions or events that concern you or make you feel uncomfortable, it is important to talk to someone about it. This document outlines the processes where a swimmer, parent, or coach can bring forward a complaint or concern.
Who to Contact:
If you have a concern relating to bullying, parent issues, unfair treatment, or violations of the Swimmer, Parent, or Coach Code of Conduct, please reach out to either Coach Jorge at email@example.com (attn: Coach Jorge) or Coach Jenni at firstname.lastname@example.org. Coaches who wish to file a complaint against another coach should contact Head Coach via email at email@example.com.
If your concern relates to inappropriate behavior or activity that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Criminal Activity
- Use, sale, or distribution of illegal drugs
- Physical abuse
- Inappropriate touching
- Coaches sharing hotel rooms with athletes
- Rubdowns or massages performed by coaches
- Pictures and/or videos taken in locker rooms or changing areas
- Violations of USA Swimming’s Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP)
Please report the incident immediately to the following:
- For incidents at Montgomery College contact Kristen Roe, Deputy Title IX & Youth Protection Coordinator: Kristen.Roe@montgomerycollege.edu or 240-567-4279
- In Potomac Valley Swimming. The PVS SafeSport Chair, Michael O'Shaughnessy: PVSSafeSport@gmail.com or 202-253-8584
- In Eastern Zone SafeSport. EZ Swimming Director Greg York: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA Swimming SafeSport: Liz Hahn email@example.com
Anonymous reporting can be completed here.
If your concern relates to sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, or sexually explicit communication through any media, please contact the U.S. Center for SafeSport to make a report immediately. You can report your concern online or call 720-524-5640. More information can be found at www.safesport.org. Certain people are REQUIRED to report misconduct, and information on mandatory reporting requirements can be found here. If you need guidance, please contact our SafeSport Coordinator, Jorge Silva.
Any concerns dealing with deception or recruiting should be directed to the Eastern Zone Board of Review at ZBORchair@easternzoneswimming.org. Information on the Eastern Zone Board of Review can be found here.
Coaches, swimmers, and parents are encouraged to talk with each other to resolve their issues. However, if this isn’t possible, members of the Hydro-Sonic Tiburones should know how to file a grievance:
- Swimmers or parents who have a grievance with another swimmer, parent, assistant coach, or official should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in writing within two weeks of the date of occurrence. Tiburones coaches will discuss the problem in a timely and confidential manner. All information will be gathered regarding the situation, which may involve sit-down meetings with all those involved and any witnesses. Decisions will be made within two weeks of notification. Disciplinary action that may be required is explained in more detail in the TIBU Policies section.
- If you are not satisfied with the decision reached by Tiburones Coaches (or if a decision is not rendered in the time frame discussed above), you must refer the matter to the Head Coach of the Tiburones, Jorge Silva, at email@example.com within three working days of notification.
- Any complaints about Coach Jorge should be directed to the PVS Safesport Chair, Michael O'Shaughnessy.