Coaches: Jorge Silva and Nathan Meadows
Overview: Our TIBU AZUL Competition program is our senior training group for swimmers 13 and up. Swimmers in this group must have experience training in a year-round swimming program. Exceeding minimum practice requirements is expected. In addition, all swimmers in TIBU AZUL will attend all PVS meets in which TIBU participates. Swimmers are expected to train consistently throughout the entire 11-month season, in order to attain their personal goals. This practice group requires a strong commitment, and athletes must have coach’s approval to join. Swimmers who do not meet the time standards and/or do not choose to commit to the attendance requirements should instead enroll in High School Prep program. Swimmers who do not meet the minimum practice requirement throughout the entire season will be moved to HSP.
Target Meet(s): December Championship meet, IMX, Jr. Champs, Sr. Champs, Zones, and Sectionals
Meetings: Regularly scheduled group meetings, parent education meetings, and conferences (swimmer/parent/coach). There will be a MANDATORY swimmer meeting during practice on the Monday following meets.
Goals: Swimmers enrolling in this group should have a set of goals
Time Standards: Swimmers must have an “A” time in at least one event and at least 2 “BB” times for their respective age group OR coach’s approval to enroll in this group — click here Time Standards
• FIVE-SIX practices per week recommended (EIGHT practice per week maximum), dryland required
• Participation in meets required
• Requires Coach’s approval
- Rubber Training Fins
- Pull buoys
- Hand Paddles (size XS, S, or M) recommend FINIS Agility Paddles
- Kickboard recommend FINIS Alignment
- Mesh equipment bag (BOC)
- 3 caps
- 2 goggles (at least 2 at all times)
- Extra suit in practice bag
* Proper Dryland Attire: gym clothes, sneakers- no flip-flops. Swimmers should ALWAYS have sneakers.
- HD foam roller (Black) or Trigger Point Roller
- Muscle roller stick
• Swimmers must attend a minimum of 5 practices per week.
• Swimmers must attend the dryland portion of all water practices attended.
• If a swimmer is not able to meet the 5 practice minimum on a given week due to illness or emergency (excused absence), written documentation (note or email from parent) must be submitted to the office.
* If a swimmer has missed more than one week of minimum practices at the end of each four week period, they will be removed from the TIBU Azul group and enrolled in the High School Prep group. There will be no warnings. The family is responsible for paying all costs associated with the initial program. Swimmers will have the opportunity to return to the competition program after a goal meeting is held with the coaches.
* Travel Meet Policy: A swimmer must meet a minimum of 80% practice attendance in order to attend any travel meets.
2017-2018 Session Dates:
• 11-month session: September 10, 2019 — July 31, 2020