2018 Rancho Beginner Swim
No lessons June 18, 19, June 25, July 2, 3 and 4!
*Dates and times of practices are subject to change when necessary and depending on coach availability.
Rancho’s pre-swim team private lesson program for children ages 3-6 is for those who are not yet ready for a competitive swim team environment.
Our program has 2 levels:
1. GUTTER GUPPIES
The Gutter Guppies program focuses on children that are water safe and can swim 25 yards with some assistance (they may need support or to stop and rest over the course of one lap). Lessons are 15 minutes long and are 1:1 with a Rancho Wahoos Junior Coach—and can be scheduled in the morning or afternoon.
A GUTTER GUPPY needs to learn to:
- Side breath during freestyle and be able to perform the position train tracks (position 11) drill
- Arm switch during back stroke and finish on back without rolling over
- Butterfly kick with arms in position 11
- Breast stroke kick
Gutter Guppy Lessons are 15-minute one-on-one lessons with a Rancho Junior Coach 4 days a week in time slots from 10:00-11:00 or 2:00-4:30. Gutter Guppies also have an optional Friday Fun Day group lesson and an end of season Gutter Guppy Meet.
2. INTRO TO SWIM
For kids who can not be in the water without support and have little to no water experience outside of the bath. An Intro to Swimmer needs to learn how to:
- Float on front and back
- Blow bubbles
- Feel comfortable in the water
- Kick on front face in the water with train tracks/position 11
- Swim free from coach to the steps/wall unassisted
- Swim down a length of wall and be able to grab hold if needed; becomes water "safe"
The Intro to Swim program will consist of a 15-minute one-on-one lessons with a Wild Wahoo (our youngest Rancho coaches). Lessons are offered 4 days a week in time slots from 11:00-2:00.
Questions? Contact Leah Felson at email@example.com