General Description of the Diving Program
Arlington Park dives as a team during the season. Specialized instruction is given to each child to help them obtain individual goals as well as meeting overall team objectives.
- Divers should attend at least three (3) practices a week. Please inform the coaches two (2) days in advance if you are not able to attend a meet. Meet participation is at the discretion of the coach. Each diver must be able to meet the requirements of their age group in order to dive in a meet.
- A child's age as of May 31st determines the age group that he/she dives during the summer.
- Events are run alternately with the girls going first followed by the boys.
8 and under 1 meter 4 dives 2 categories 3 required, 1 optional
9 and 10 1 meter 4 dives 2 categories 2 required, 2 optional
11 and 12 1 meter 6 dives 3 categories 3 required, 3 optional
13 and 14 1 meter 6 dives 3 categories 3 required, 3 optional
15 through 18 1 meter 6 dives 4 categories 6 optional
12 and under 3 meter* 4 dives 2 categories 1 required, 3 optional
13 through 18 3 meter* 5 dives 3 categories 5 optional dives
- The City Dive Meet will host 3-Meter competition for exhibition only. Divers can enter this event as individual competitors, but placement will not be scored as team points.
- Note: Any diver in the appropriate age group who is unable to fulfill the required format may dive with no team points and placement.
- Scoring at dual and tri meets will be done by the parents of both the home and away teams.
- Parents are required to work 4 meets, with additional volunteer and invitational assignments. If you are unable to keep your commitment work schedule, it is your responsibility to find a replacement and contact the Meet Director of the change.
- The Dive team communicates by E-mail to save printing costs. Check the dive bulletin board at the pool for important notices. Check your mailboxes at each practice. Check your e-mail daily.
- Concessions will be available at the meets. All money raised goes back to the team so please support this "fund-raiser" at our pool and other pools.
- Parents will be needed to help at the City Dive Meet. All dive parents will be assigned work commitments for Invitationals and City Meet when your child is diving.
- Practice times will be assigned by coaches.