- Assure that the objectives of the program are adhered to without compromise.
- Organize effective and disciplined practices. Provide in-water technique instructions for all swimmers/divers.
- Supervise the entire swim/dive program; take attendance daily; share the meet results with the goals and awards chairperson.
- Develop desirable attitudes of participants by setting the proper example while coaching children.
- Show good sportsmanship at all times.
- Show compassion and understanding to all participants.
- Make final decisions concerning which participants should enter which swim and dive events.
- Keep participants informed of progress or lack of progress.
- Ensure that important information is posted on the website and sent out via e-mail for parent and athlete communication.