Rules For Swimmers
We are very privileged to be able to use the Harmon Center and Thornhill Pools, and we must respect their rules. The following rules must be obeyed by all of our swimmers:
- Safety First – NO HORSEPLAY!
- The locker rooms are NOT a play zone for rough-housing or congregating.
- Swimmers must treat their coaches and all teammates with respect.
- Swimmers should rinse off in the shower before entering the pool.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the pool area, with the exception of drinking water.
- Swimmers may not get in the pool until given permission by their coach.
- Clean up after yourself.
- No one other than Harmon Center members may swim in the open part of the pool, even while practice is going on.
- Team membership does not grant full use of the Harmon Center Facilities.
Rules for Parents & Relatives
The most important item that we ask of parents and relatives is their assistance and cooperation. During practice - especially at the beginning of the season - it is important that Coaches maintain the attention and focus of your child. When the season begins it can be confusing for swimmers, coaches, and parents. To reduce the level of stress and provide the coaches with the environment that they need to begin to develop your swimmer's confidence and skills, we ask that parents & relatives assist the team as follows:
- Please sit in the bleacher area of the pool deck during practice.
- Please do not stand or sit in either end of the pool deck or on the narrow deck on the side opposite of the bleacher area.
- If you have any concern regarding practice or your swimmer during the practice session, please find a Parent Representative to assist you, rather than the Coach.
- During the transition between individual practice sessions the Coaches are attempting to get swimmers out of the pool and the next session into the pool. Please be brief in any conversations with the Coaches regarding your swimmer at that time. If you need more in-depth information, a Parent Representative will be more than happy to listen to your concern and get an answer or decision on your behalf.
- Parents or the responsible relative of a swimmer that is 6 years old & under must remain at the Harmon or Thornhill facilities during practice. For swimmers 7 years old and older, the parent may drop-off and pick-up for practice - however, the Swim Club and it's Coaches cannot be responsible for the actions or safety of your swimmer other than when they are in the pool during the practice session.
Children’s sports are supposed to be fun for the children. We ask that you set a good example of sportsmanship for your children. Make sure your swimmer knows and follows the rules we have set forth. We will have both “home” and “away” meets. The rules for the Harmon Center and each facility visited will need to be respected. Each team will most likely have an area that is restricted to swimmers and meet workers only and have restrictions on what can be brought into the facility – please respect those rules. The key to such success is having lots of help. Our Parent Representatives are volunteers, and simply cannot do all the work alone. Each family is expected to volunteer to work at least four (4) shifts.