SHERWOOD SHARKS SWIM TEAM, INC.
2021 MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The Sherwood Sharks is a competitive swim team. Coaches will teach the competitive strokes - but at the time of registration each child must be able to swim and have the minimum swimming skills as described below:
Minimum standards for your 6 Year Old & Under swimmer:
When registered: Upon instruction by a coach, your child must be able to:
- Enter the water on their own, without mom or dad being at poolside and not be afraid of the water.
- Swim with their face in the water and be confident enough to let go of the edge of the pool and swim.
- Swim non-stop, without touching bottom, 1/2 of the pool length - approximately 38 Feet, on top of the water, using the Freestyle stroke.
Minimum standards for 7 Year Old & Older swimmers:
When registered: Swimmers 7 & older must able to:
- Enter the water on their own.
- Swim the race distance required by their age group, on top of the water, non-stop, without touching bottom, using the Freestyle stroke.
7 - 8 Year Old Distance: 25 Yards
9 - 18 Year Old Distance: 50 Yards