Roswell Rapids Youth Swim Booster Club Volunteer Commitment
Every Rapids youth swim family must join the Roswell Rapids Youth Swim Booster Club and agree to the mandatory volunteer requirements required from each family.
Volunteering is critical to the success of the Roswell Rapids. The Booster Club is an all-volunteer organization and cannot run team meets and activities without the support of every family.
Volunteering is recorded via halves (each meet is divided into a first-half and a second-half) or their equivalent. Required volunteer halves are assigned per family (i.e. a family with two participants will volunteer the same number of total halves as a family with four participants). We sometimes refer to halves as points or shifts, but it means the same thing.
In order to ensure a successful season for our swimmers, one parent (or adult substitute) is required to volunteer a minimum of five (5) halves during the swimming season. The Roswell Rapids Booster Club and Rapids Volunteer Coordinator reserve the right to modify the number of volunteer hours required as needed to ensure all meets are adequately staffed (e.g. if we have fewer families register than anticipated, we may increase the number of halves required per family after the season begins).
Volunteer sign-up will be done online via our Booster Club site at http://www.roswellrapids.org. Families will be notified in advance via our team email list of the date our volunteer sign-up will go live for the season.
Volunteer sign-up will be first-come, first-served. Any special considerations for your volunteer abilities should be communicated to the Volunteer Coordinator before volunteer sign-up is officially turned on.
The time for signing up for volunteer jobs is 13 May to 24 May. Any additions or edits to your volunteer commitment after this will have to be done through the volunteer coordinator.
If your family does not show up for a scheduled job without letting a volunteer coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) know 24 hours ahead of time, a $30 penalty will be assessed. We want to insure every family contributes to running the team. By insuring all families volunteer, we prevent any additional volunteer burden being unfairly placed on the rest of our families.
The $30 penalty will be charged to the credit card you entered on this site as part of your youth swim booster club registration. Your card will only be charged if you have failed to meet your volunteer requirements as described above. You will be able to track your volunteer halves online via this booster club throughout the season, and it is your responsibility to sign-up proactively for volunteer requirements and keep track of your halves.
Families that have not met their required volunteer commitment at the end of the season will be subject to increased penalties in following years at the discretion of the Booster Club board
Volunteers must check-in and check-out with the Rapids Volunteer Coordinator for all halves worked.
Failure to check-in AND check-out may result in volunteer halves not being counted.
It is important that you follow volunteer check in procedures at the meets, arriving no later than 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your volunteer half to ensure adequate time for you to check in with the volunteer coordinator and report to your assigned volunteer area for the evening. Do not leave your volunteer assignment until you have checked-out with the volunteer coordinator. Failure to check-out will results in loss of credit for your half.
Each family is responsible for finding a replacement in the event they cannot complete a half for which they have signed-up.
It is not the booster club's job or responsibility to find replacements for a family's volunteer commitments in the event you are unable to complete them. Canceling without providing a replacement may result in a per hour charge to your family for the time incurred in finding a replacement on your behalf and/or in paying someone to work your volunteer half.
The Rapids Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) must be notified in advance of any substitutions.
Only the Rapids Volunteer Coordinator is allowed to switch job assignments. Any requested changes to volunteer halves must be submitted to and approved by the Rapids Volunteer coordinator.
Volunteers must show up on-time for their assigned job. Late arrivals may not be accepted as completed volunteer halves at the discretion of the Rapids Volunteer Coordinator and/or the booster club board. Your family may be charged an additional fee by the Booster Club if your tardiness/absence results in having to pay someone to work your half.
First-half volunteers should work their assigned first-half job until the second-half replacement has arrived as a replacement. Do not leave your job without checking-out with the volunteer coordinator.
Swim team member(s) will not be allowed to compete in meets until their family has signed up for their volunteer halves for the season.
The time for signing up for volunteer positions is 13 May - 24 May.
Click here for descriptions of all volunteer positions
To sign up for a job:
- Go to out booster club site at www.roswellrapids.org and log-in to your booster club account (You must be logged in to your booster club account to be able to declare for meets)
- Go to the Events page.
- Click on the pink "Edit Commitment" listed by that meet
- Click on your swimmer's name in the "Member Name" column (if this swimmer is currently undeclared for the meet, you will see "Undeclared" in the "Member Commitment" column)
- In the "Declaration" dropdown, select either the "yes" or "no" option.
- In the "Notes" text box, type in any pertinent information for the coaches
- Examples of helpful Notes to Include For Coaches are given below - Please note the coaches will consider your event preference requests, but they cannot guarantee you will always get your request (e.g. if no one else can swim butterfly legally, your swimmer may be put in that event even if they ask not to swim it).
- "Jane can't swim butterfly, please put her in other events"
- "Bob would like to swim IM"
- "Jane will not be coming to the meet until 7:00 PM, please don't put her in early events or relays"
- "Bob would prefer to swim individual events only, please don't put him in relays if possible"
- Click on the "Save Changes" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will return to the "Athlete Signup" page and the "Member Commitment" should now reflect your choice for that swimmer and meet (e.g. "Not Committed" if you picked No or "Committed" if you selected Yes).
- Remember that you need to do the meet declaration for every meet and every swimmer in your family.