How to Declare your Attendance or Absence for Rapids Youth Swim Meets
See the bottom of this page for detailed instructions on how to declare for meets with the Rapids youth swim team.
Please note that a completed Rapids swim booster registration is required to sign-up for meets. If you have not completed your booster club sign-up you will not be able to sign-in (Click here for info on how to complete your Rapids youth swim booster club signup).
In the swimming world, we use the word "declare" to indicate your swimmer's intentions to attend and participate in our swim meets. So we refer to that process as "meet declaration" or "meet commitment".
We would like 100% of our swimmers to declare yes or no for all six of the ASA meets.
We use an opt-in system on our website (www.roswellrapids.org) for you to declare your swimmer's commitment (i.e. yes/no) for each and every meet. Detailed information on how to opt-in/declare your swimmer is given further down this page. Please note that every meet has a deadline to declare (see table below for the deadline for each ASA meet).
If you do not go in and actively select the "yes" commitment/declaration, your swimmer(s) will not be put into the meet line-up (i.e. they will not be allowed to swim in the meet).
With that said, declaring "no" is just as important as declaring "yes" as it lets us prepare an accurate line-up, saves a lot of volunteer time by avoiding last minute changes, makes meet day less chaotic, and insures everyone gets to swim a relay (no shows lead to canceled relays!).
Please note that every meet has a meet declaration deadline. See the table below for a list of 2017 ASA Meet Declaration Deadlines.
||Meet Declaration Deadline
|ASA Meet #1
||Thursday, May 30th, 2018
||Friday, May 25th, 2018 (11:59 PM)
|ASA Meet #2
||Thursday, June 7th, 2018
||Friday, June 1st, 2018 (11:59 PM)
|ASA Meet #3
||Thursday, June 14th, 2018
||Friday, June 8th, 2018 (11:59 PM)
|ASA Meet #4
||Thursday, June 21nd, 2018
||Friday, June 15th, 2018 (11:59 PM)
|ASA Meet #5
||Tuesday, June 26th, 2018
||Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 (11:59 PM)
|ASA Meet #6
||Saturday, June 30th, 2018
||Friday, June 22st, 2017 (11:59 PM)
To declare for a meet:
- Go to out booster club site at www.roswellrapids.org and log-in to your booster club account (You must be logged in to your booster club account to be able to declare for meets)
- Go to the Events page.
- Click on the pink "Edit Commitment" listed by that meet
- Click on your swimmer's name in the "Member Name" column (if this swimmer is currently undeclared for the meet, you will see "Undeclared" in the "Member Commitment" column)
- In the "Declaration" dropdown, select either the "yes" or "no" option.
- In the "Notes" text box, type in any pertinent information for the coaches
- Examples of helpful Notes to Include For Coaches are given below - Please note the coaches will consider your event preference requests, but they cannot guarantee you will always get your request (e.g. if no one else can swim butterfly legally, your swimmer may be put in that event even if they ask not to swim it).
- "Jane can't swim butterfly, please put her in other events"
- "Bob would like to swim IM"
- "Jane will not be coming to the meet until 7:00 PM, please don't put her in early events or relays"
- "Bob would prefer to swim individual events only, please don't put him in relays if possible"
- Click on the "Save Changes" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will return to the "Athlete Signup" page and the "Member Commitment" should now reflect your choice for that swimmer and meet (e.g. "Not Committed" if you picked No or "Committed" if you selected Yes).
- Remember that you need to do the meet declaration for every meet and every swimmer in your family.